Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 04 6.0l it has Arp Head Bolts, Egr Replaced and injectors replaced . are arp head bolts the same thing as studded heads? by what it has done is it already bulletproofed? what more would need to be done

·
Registered
254 Posts
Studded means u have arp studs installed yes. Make sure you use oem head gaskets when u get it done not ANYTHING else!

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Check the threads in my Sig, both the Bullet-Proofing and Monitoring in particular.

ARPs should be studs, pretty easy to see them under the hood and tell the difference (if it looks like a standard bolt - he's lying and you should be walking).

I'd questions the replacement of the EGR cooler. If it was another OEM unit, it needs to be solved via an upgrade, block, or delete.

I'd also ask why the injectors were replaced. Leading causes are water in fuel (preventable), low FICM voltage (which means it should have been replaced), or low fuel pressure (again preventable). If the injectors were done without solving the why question, you stand a good chance of doing them again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok that truck was sold. Now i found with saying this as upgrades "6.0 Powerstroke diesel with arp, studs, egr delete, new oil cooler done about 1 month ago. Sinister diesel coolant filter so no more clogged oil cooler. Turbo off an 03 so it whistles pretty loud. 4" turbo back exhaust. " what should i ask and everything like that?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any way that someone could post a picture of studded heads and stock heads so i can see the difference

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
There is a lot of threads here to read before you should move further on a truck. get a monitor and test drive it. Check the temp deltas

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Ok that truck was sold. Now i found with saying this as upgrades "6.0 Powerstroke diesel with arp, studs, egr delete, new oil cooler done about 1 month ago. Sinister diesel coolant filter so no more clogged oil cooler. Turbo off an 03 so it whistles pretty loud. 4" turbo back exhaust. " what should i ask and everything like that?
I really hate not being a gear head. half of this stuff is so confusing
First thing, the Sinister Coolant Filter (or any filter for that matter) cannot prevent a clogged oil cooler. However it does help with its longevity.

I can't stand the whistle of the '03 turbo, some do some don't, if you haven't heard one you may want to check the videos on youtube.

As mentioned, if you are serious about the 6.0L, you should have a monitor with you and check the truck with it when you test drive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts