Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking at buying a 2003 6.0.
its got 80,000 miles on it. i know this is the
first halfyear for the moter so im just
wondering if its worth me buying or not
the price is 18,000 its 4x4 and extended cab
its a beautiful truck im just wondering if
i should risk it being the moter just came out
that half of the year and what type of problems
i may run into:dunno:

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
hey guys im looking at buying a 2003 6.0.
its got 80,000 miles on it. i know this is the
first halfyear for the moter so im just
wondering if its worth me buying or not
the price is 18,000 its 4x4 and extended cab
its a beautiful truck im just wondering if
i should risk it being the moter just came out
that half of the year and what type of problems
i may run into:dunno:
I think the price is a bit high

get an oasis ran to see what kind of work it has had done to it

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the price is a bit high

get an oasis ran to see what kind of work it has had done to it
well its coming from a local dealer thats why the price is a bit high, they will knock atleast 3,000 off if that price they deal alot of used trucks.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Its a 7 year old truck, I boiught a 2 year old for 22000 can with 60K

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well the private party value on mine ranges from 18,270 to 20,120 so I think it is a fair asking price. A little over a year ago when I bought my 2003 the bank appraised it at 28,300 (I got a steal at 21,900) I thank the damn economy every day for it's abnormally rapid depreciation :doh:. As far as reliability mine just hit 112,000 and I have replaced an injector, icp sensor, front brakes and a ball joint. Would I buy this truck again? Absolutely. So, yeah I have had a few problems with it but a few of them are common parts that wear out at my mileage anyway.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks for the info man i appreciate it, i just dont wanna buy it and have a ton of unexpected problems come up. just wondering how reliabale the moter is in its first year thats all.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Mine has been great the turbo has been cleaned a long time ago and so far the egr valve is staying clean, so I keep it that way. I tried to tow with the egr unplugged and the engine ran to cold and the fuel milleage sank.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Well the private party value on mine ranges from 18,270 to 20,120 so I think it is a fair asking price. A little over a year ago when I bought my 2003 the bank appraised it at 28,300 (I got a steal at 21,900) I thank the damn economy every day for it's abnormally rapid depreciation :doh:. As far as reliability mine just hit 112,000 and I have replaced an injector, icp sensor, front brakes and a ball joint. Would I buy this truck again? Absolutely. So, yeah I have had a few problems with it but a few of them are common parts that wear out at my mileage anyway.
There is no way you could sell your truck for 18-20K.
kbb on my old 04 hd is only 17K :dunno:

alright thanks for the info man i appreciate it, i just dont wanna buy it and have a ton of unexpected problems come up. just wondering how reliabale the moter is in its first year thats all.

Some of the 03's had issues, some didn't. Run the oasis to see what problems your truck has had in the past.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There is no way you could sell your truck for 18-20K.
kbb on my old 04 hd is only 17K
I don't know I ran it again and got the same figures on it, it's not like I am being dishonest??????????? I got the same range for your old truck as well (without knowing what options you had.) Also, take a look on ebay that seems to be about par. :dunno:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok thanks guys, i think if i could get it for 16000 that would be very fair

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
I don't know I ran it again and got the same figures on it, it's not like I am being dishonest??????????? I got the same range for your old truck as well (without knowing what options you had.) Also, take a look on ebay that seems to be about par. :dunno:
maybe I was doing something wrong, was you using kbb?
I apologize, I had no intentions on making you look dishonest.

In my area the market is saturated with used trucks, they just are not bringing that much money around here.

The dealership only offered me 10K trade-in for my truck :doh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts