Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm studding my rig, cab off route. I'll be replacing/updating/modding what I can think of while the cab is off.

So far I've got for installing:
Turbo oil feed line
Turbo drain tube
Updated turbo bellow up pipes
Stand pipes and dummy plugs
6.4 banjo bolts
OEM oil cooler
HPOP metal screen filter
Updated STC fitting
IPR screen kit (maybe new IPR valve altogether?)
Odawgs S3R manifold...

Anything I'm missing? I'll mention I've already deleted EGR, and for now, am running stock sticks and turbo. So I'll do regulated return/sump setup at a later date. I've got the blue spring holding me over till then. A few other mods in my sig as well.

I know many of you have been down this lonely road before. Now as my time to walk it comes, i call unto you, my brothers, for guidance.

·
Old School
266 Posts
I would resurface your exhaust manifolds and reinstall with new hardware while also inspecting your Y pipe. Takes minutes versus hours with the cab off. Are you going to get the heads resurfaced as well? If you're already going to have them off, I would consider having them o-ringed.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,999 Posts
add the cab mount bushings - assuming they need it as most trucks do at this age

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Are you also doing head gaskets and machining the heads?

I’ve got a couple of oil leaks that I’d like my front and rear main seal, bed plate seal, and oil pan seal redone. Those are engine out.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Do the heater hoses on the firewall, re-wrap your entire wire harness with harness quality wrap and inspect all chafed areas. Clean ALL your frame grounds and cables and add KEPS (star) washers to the contact surface to keep the bite into the frame area.

If you're ever going to consider a regulated return, NOW is the the perfect time to either make your own using quality SS components and high quality hose (its easy) or buy a nice kit and install it during the cab off.

Install block drains now if you have not done so for future coolant flushes or drains.

I am sure there are more ideas coming your way. I yanked my engine out when I did mine but now is the time to do some stuff with access.

Good Luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
add the cab mount bushings - assuming they need it as most trucks do at this age
Ah body mount bushings, good idea. I've looked at the S&B silicone bushings...holy moley $600?? I dont ever want to have to take the cab off again, but Christ that's a pricey part. It isn't necessary to have the cab off to do the job, no?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,999 Posts
You can do the job without lifting the cab off. You can unbolt it one side at a time and lift it up a little. Been awhile since I did it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have you thought about checking the o-rings on your injectors?
Before I realized this was gonna be a stud job, I thought the problems i was having was stiction. Owing to that, I had all 8 injectors inspected and bench tested of which 2 were replaced. Thanks for the answer

Reactions: Kevin.Sims1212
1 - 9 of 9 Posts