Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a 2004 F350 crew cab long bed. for the exhaust i cut out the cat and muffler and welded in 3in pipe. my exhaust doesnt sound like some of the other straight pipes off of youtube. mine sounds more like a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner at idle. of course performance is fine and there are no problems. would i have to go to a bigger 4 or 5 inch exhaust to get that true whistle noise at idle? i have a scorpion diesel 120 hp chip installed and i also have a diablo sport predator tuner that i havent tried yet. could this have something to do with a not so agressive turbo?

any input is greatly appreciated:nod:

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Well, the factory exhaust is 3.5", and yes 4" would make a difference. All 6.0l's sound like a hoover at idle. Your Scorpion chip and Diablosport tuner are a recipe for headgasket failure. Plus the Diablosport will do nothing for transmission preasures, you are very likely to end up with trans problems if you have an automatic. If you would like to know more feel free to call the shop 866-547-3517 or keep asking questions. Lots of knowledgable members on this site.

SCT Xcal3 remember I said it first lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the factory exhaust is 3.5", and yes 4" would make a difference. All 6.0l's sound like a hoover at idle. Your Scorpion chip and Diablosport tuner are a recipe for headgasket failure. Plus the Diablosport will do nothing for transmission preasures, you are very likely to end up with trans problems if you have an automatic. If you would like to know more feel free to call the shop 866-547-3517 or keep asking questions. Lots of knowledgable members on this site.

SCT Xcal3 remember I said it first lol.
ooh no i dont have them both hooked up. i just have the 120 hp diablo hooked up and i have a predator but its not or never has been installed in the truck. i hear its safe to go 100 hp over stock with an auto trans but after that changes have to be made.
so do you mainly think the issue is the smaller diameter stock exhaust? i've been thinking about putting on 4 inch duals or a 5 inch single.

i've heard something about making the impeller blades more agressive to get that jet whistle more dominant. sounds costly

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
You can go much higher than 100hp on the 5R110 transmission.

Anyways, 3" exhaust is going to raise your EGT's and cause you problems. The 4" system will increase your whistle output lol, and decrease your EGTs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts