Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0. Purchased about a month and a half ago. The egr is blocked and it has some sort of tune on it but I can't tell you what it is. 4" straight pipe and that's really all I know. About it. Well my turbo went out last night and I am looking at a powermax stage one to replace it with. Can I get some info or help if this is a good idea or not. What else I need to do or change in the truck when doing this. I will be adding a S&B at the same time as well.

Thanks, Matt

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
If I were you, i'd spend the extra $$ and get a Stage 1 from KC Turbos over the P-Max. You will probably want to get some sort of a custom tune/revision on your current tune for the P-MAX and/or the KC stage one when you get it.

-jokester

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look into that! Thanks! Since the truck is not studed and has 125k on it, is there anything else that I need to do. Mods etc. To keep the truck healthy. Will I cause any problems having the slightly larger turbo?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will look into that! Thanks! Since the truck is not studed and has 125k on it, is there anything else that I need to do. Mods etc. To keep the truck healthy. Will I cause any problems having the slightly larger turbo?

·
Old School
255 Posts
+1 on the KC stage 1 and a tune. TSD is a company that KC recommends and I had good luck with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't done anything yet. I'm trying to decide whether to spend 9k and get a t4 turbo set up, 155/30 injectors and have the top end and head gaskets done. . . I'm not sure what to do.

·
Vendor
12,831 Posts
I haven't done anything yet. I'm trying to decide whether to spend 9k and get a t4 turbo set up, 155/30 injectors and have the top end and head gaskets done. . . I'm not sure what to do.
For under 600hp, which would be 205/75 injectors and smaller, I would stick with the VGT turbo. They do so much better for daily driving, towing, and fun on the streets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean? I really dont know that much about any of it honestly. I'm just going with what the guys at my shop and a buddy told me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts