Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What parts can i buy to upgrade my 05 turbo? Im going to take it out and clean it up, so i might as well add some upgrades. I saw a compressor wheel stage 1 upgrade for $115 but is that it? If there are upgraded parts that i can buy what are they and what do they do? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
For the 05-07's the Batmowheel isn't a direct drop in, you will either need to get a 03 turbo housing or machine the '05 housing to make the wheel fit.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found a thread were the guy that mades the batmowheels said it was a drop in for 03-07 turbos and it will not fit in remaned turbos. But I have never seen a thread were some one put it in a 04+ turbo.

·
Registered
491 Posts
What parts can i buy to upgrade my 05 turbo? Im going to take it out and clean it up, so i might as well add some upgrades. I saw a compressor wheel stage 1 upgrade for $115 but is that it? If there are upgraded parts that i can buy what are they and what do they do? Thanks in advance!
What wheel are you talking about

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
for batmos in a 04-05 seems to depend if it's a reman or not. 06-07 seem to have issues weather or not it's a reman or stock. I have a stock 05 that can accept a batmo and most likely will install one even tho it' sits on the shelf at the moment.. you need to measure the inducer to see wheather it's a 58mm or 55mm, batmos fit the 58mm turbos. that seems to be what I have seen when looking through oodles of threads on batmos and stock turbos.

·
Registered
491 Posts
So it should fit a factory installed 04

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The batmowheel would not fit my 05, not sure if my turbo had ever been replaced before I got the truck. Gonna upgrade to a mtw hybrid here in about a month so will be looking to sell the batmowheel and housing to fit it if you think you might be interested.

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts