Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2 questions. 1st, the build date of my truck is 10/03/03. Do I have the 2003 turbo or 2004? 2nd, my current exhaust setup includes the muffler and a gutted kitty. If I take those out and put a straight pipe will I be able to hear the turbo more or will it sound the same?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
yes, you should have a 04 gen1 motor, meaning its identical to the 03, and yes you should get a straight pipe, you should hear more whistle.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
You will hear more whistle with a straight pipe for sure.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
74 Posts
Straight pipe it for sure

·
Premium Member
13,237 Posts
you have the right set up, if you want that sound... my motor was built 2 months prior to yours and it sounds just like that when i dont have a muffler installed.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
do it man. I have the same build date as you with muffler and cat gone and it whistles like no other. It sounds great

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a june build date, and i have 4" straight pipe that dumps right in front of the rear tire. the sound turns heads for sure. loud and whistles, even after the truck turns off. sounds like a jet

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may have to do it since no one said anything negative about having it done. Hopefully after its done it will sound like your alls trucks. I can hear the whistle better now with the muffler and gutted kitty but its nothing like yall's straight pipe exhaust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts