Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2005 6.0 with 215k that I bought a couple months ago. The previous owner was a woman that used it to tow her light weight camper a couple of times a year. The truck is studded, deleted, and has a coolant filtration system, I also think that the blue spring mod has been done due to there being a zip tie on the fuel line to keep the fastener from sliding down the fuel line. She told me that there was a tune on the truck for reliability. My question is, do you guys think that it is safe/smart for me to buy some custom tunes to put on the truck? If so, what company would you recommend?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was reading in to the gear head tunes and on their website it says that you must have all emissions related components installed on your truck for their tunes to work properly, which I have an egr delete on my truck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yea me to, I would call them and ask but mine work great but it's an 03. You have to fill out a form listing all modifications and I would just list it on that. I believe it is just a disclaimer that they don't condone altering of the emissions system. I had the same concern and was told "it will be ok", and it was. They tweaked and revised mine a few times to get it just perfect for what I was looking for. Smoothest power and especially the shifting is just great. Srl+ highly recommend for daily driving. Matt won't quit till your happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome thanks man I will get in touch with them on Monday. I assume they’re closed on the weekends.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok, be sure NOT to update it, and when you load your new custom tunes to the x4 turn off the internet so it won't auto update. The new firmware removes the egr delete option from the device. :(

·
Registered
927 Posts
Also, back up the stock tune (it should be stored on the SCT). The software gives you the option to back it up. The reason I recommend doing this, is if you sct failed, gets stolen, whatever, you will still have your stock file to put on a replacement.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay awesome thanks for the advice, I’d be pissed if I lost the egr delete option, what you’re saying is get the tunes off of my email on to my computer then turn the WiFi off and connect the tuner after that, right?

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
6,364 Posts
Quick tricks was my favorite 6.0 custom tuner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As long as the egr valve is still plugged into the harness you don't have the tell matt (gearhead) that the truck is deleted. My new X4 doesn't have the egr on/off function but it is written into the tune profile.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually just went ahead and got the 4 tune package, unlimited tow, 8k tow, srl+ , and extreme. I will most likely only ever use the 8k tow and srl tune but I figured it’ll cost me less to buy the four tune package then change my mind and buy the other two later.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quick tricks was my favorite 6.0 custom tuner.
Yea man Vivian is top notch. I broke my trans with Warren's street tune, it shifted firn alright. Everybodys saying Matt can tune the transmission the smoothest and that was important to me. I heard that looney wilds got some serious top end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya I’m definitely looking for the smoothest most reliable power I can get so thank you for the recommendation.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I actually just went ahead and got the 4 tune package, unlimited tow, 8k tow, srl+ , and extreme. I will most likely only ever use the 8k tow and srl tune but I figured it’ll cost me less to buy the four tune package then change my mind and buy the other two later.
I want to try extreme but I'm scared to load it
Yea man no problem
I LOVE what they did for me. Man my truck runs good, I mean super good and its heavily modded. My wife can drive it like stock drivability, and never know, till you give it some gas and you better hold on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts