Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i am looking for some advice guys.... 05 f-350 6.0 with the torqueshift, has only a bullydog in it with exhaust and gauges but the trans is starting to rev up quite high before shiftin, i am assuming that it needs a trans... So where do i go for a good one and what do you guys recommend for upgrades and the like. If i am going to do it i wanna make sure we dont have this problem again, i plan on many more upgrade to the motor

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah it sound like you may need a rebuild. I will let some of the goys answer this for you, but I do know from a buddy of mine you need to upgrade your torque converter atleast. From what I read ATS does very good up grades for the 6.0. How many mile do you have? I have a 05 with 84k and am waiting for it to go out.

Good Luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it has just under 100000. And yes it is 2nd to 3rd but it is progressivly getting worse like 4200rpms the last time it did it

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
I'm on the 5th unit for that and the current unit slips, flairs, and clunks/bangs into gear. All of this within 55K miles.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Get an SCT and a Suncoast rebuild. U shouldnt have any problems after that.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
If you have a good tranny shop around buy a suncoast or ats TC, have them put that in and have them put some heavy duty clutches in like red devil. Also have them put a extra disk in every clutch pack. There is also a valve in the tranny they cut and modify but i can't remember what they call it. Also get some custom tunes, these are ausome for your tranny, no comparison to canned tunes. the custom tunes are the only way to really change your pressure in the tranny. 5R110's don't have a valve body like the old 7.3 trannys.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
If im not mistaken the heavy duty rebuild kit comes with all that except the TC.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Ditch the bullydog unit in favior for a SCT with custom tunes. then look into a bts trans.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i tried a bully dog programmer an that messed my tranny up. honestly i think its the programmer. i would try some sct custom tunes before just to see if it is that or the trans.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Alright i am looking for some advice guys.... 05 f-350 6.0 with the torqueshift, has only a bullydog in it with exhaust and gauges but the trans is starting to rev up quite high before shiftin, i am assuming that it needs a trans... So where do i go for a good one and what do you guys recommend for upgrades and the like. If i am going to do it i wanna make sure we dont have this problem again, i plan on many more upgrade to the motor
Go stock then go from there. Don't mind 2005f250 he keeps taking his truck back to the same people that just can't fix it :confused:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
So. It goes back soon.
my point exactly :doh: I wonder how many of your 2k posts are you saying the same thing about the "pos 5r110" when in reality the pos is the tech working on your rig.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
my point exactly :doh: I wonder how many of your 2k posts are you saying the same thing about the "pos 5r110" when in reality the pos is the tech working on your rig.
Really I see the 5R110 as a POS. I hear/see a lot go out before 20K miles and a lot around 70-90K miles. I stopped posting about the tranny problems on this site because majority of the people say I treat the truck like sh!t which I don't or they blame it on the PPE that hasn't been on the truck for the past 20K miles.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Our 03 went 215,000 miles on the trans that it came with. And it was abused.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts