Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys maybe you can give me some insight on this, here's the story... it's all started about two weeks ago.. the truck is a 04 stock with the srl tune from gearhead.. this has happened only twice but when I am between 3/4 and full throttle the truck will stop pulling and rev out to about 4k rpms. then I put it in neutral and stop and put back into drive then the truck will take back off fine with no hesitation.. I have noticed no shift flares hard shifting or any other tranny problems up to this point.. do you think this could be a torque converter going out or what? I am going to change the fluid and change the filter ASAP and see if this does any better.. any insight would be greatly appreciated

thanks
zach

·
Administrator
22,102 Posts
does it do it with out the tune? Try unhooking the batteries and resetting the truck so the trans can re-learn.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope didn't do it today with it on stock.. I pulled our 25ft gooseneck with a 13k pound tractor and nothing went wrong at all.. surely it would have stopped pulling again with all that weight but it didn't.. kinda confused??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts