Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a custom tow tune for my truck. It's got a KC 1.5 turbo, studded and BPD oil cooler and EGR delete. I have WPE tunes for it from way back but idk running about 70mph and giving it throttle above 50% the truck kinda runs rough and heard other had issues with that also. Just picked up a 31' travel trailer at about 7k but will likely tow heavier here and there. Don't need alot more power than stock if any but really like the better shifting I have gotten from the tunes. Do have a ficm tuner but cant remember what tune is on it. Think it's just one of the older stock tunes. Any help would be appreciated to point to the right direction. Will be left as daily driver also.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Looking for a custom tow tune for my truck. It's got a KC 1.5 turbo, studded and BPD oil cooler and EGR delete. I have WPE tunes for it from way back but idk running about 70mph and giving it throttle above 50% the truck kinda runs rough and heard other had issues with that also. Just picked up a 31' travel trailer at about 7k but will likely tow heavier here and there. Don't need alot more power than stock if any but really like the better shifting I have gotten from the tunes. Do have a ficm tuner but cant remember what tune is on it. Think it's just one of the older stock tunes. Any help would be appreciated to point to the right direction. Will be left as daily driver also.
I have had good luck with TSD MPD with modified shift points for towing. I haul my camper at about 9k on that tune, 190/30s and kc stage 2

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll check them out. Also forgot I have the stage 2 turbo not 1.5...

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
I'll check them out. Also forgot I have the stage 2 turbo not 1.5...
Make sure you have a way to monitor EGTs and I would also highly recommend monitoring fuel pressure too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have an edge monitor in my truck for all that stuff

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have to 2nd @letsmow10 I had a very similar setup to yours with the Stage 2 turbo and TSD did a phenomenal job with the tunes. I had the SPD one for street running and just driving and it was great. Also had what I believe was the MPD tune setup for towing and my rig along with the trailers and supplies were coming in at 25k combined, it was superb. I often times didn't bother switching out tunes very often the tow tune was so nice.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’m running the KC 1.5 diy kit and bullet proof air to oil cooler, studs etc... similar setup I run gear heads 8k tow tune. My bumper tow toy box comes in around 12k loaded up does great. Have it setup that the snow plow fan clutch kicks on full force at 220 and temps stay down. Shifts good, egts are manageable as long as I do not lug it around in low rpms. Does really well towing at 65-70 with the 35’s and what ever stock gears I have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts