Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first thing, I noticed my truck was taking a while to engage into reverse and drive and has been shifting rather hard lately. I checked the fluid level and it was down about half a quart so I topped it off and then it got a little better.

Today on my way to work it really started acting up giving me shift flare and not wanting to take off from a stop. Acted like it was slipping and then finally locked, and that's when the Tow/Haul light started flashing. I made it to work and pulled codes with all I have with me which is my SCT X4.

Came up with codes P0766 and Code P2703.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would try unhook batteries or reset kam then do the relearn procedure.

TorqShift Harsh/Slipping Engagements, Upshifts, and/or Downshifts:
If these symptoms are experienced after the batteries have been disconnected, then it is due to the transmission adaptive strategy being cleared from the computer. This may occur when the vehicle is delivered new from the factory as well. Warm the engine and transmission to operating temperature. Perform three series of upshifts at light, medium and heavy throttle. Perform three sets of gear engagements (N-R, N-D, D-R, R-D) with the brake pedal firmly depressed and waiting three seconds between each engagement. Perform these steps once in normal mode and once in tow/haul.

My old trans would act like yours and this would fix it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got to a stop light the other night and lost everything.. had to get a tow home.
I dropped the transmission pan and had lots of shavings looked like a pan of glitter.. and the fluid was very dark brown. would it be my torque converter that is bad?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've seen wiring/pcm issues cause those codes, but I believe you have proof that they are legit. The whole thing is toast. I think all that power breaking and gaging her to death with that 260k and looney wild might have something to do with it. I might look into Warren's trans, I'm thinking you may want something a little tougher than a stock reman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts