Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST WANDERIN IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME A MUFFLER THATS NOT LOUD? IM WANTING TO CHANGE OUT MY STOCK MUFFLER TO TRY AND GET BETTER FUEL MILEAGE. WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY & WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON REMOVAL OF THE CATALYTIC???

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
I've got Magnaflow with cat delete. Nice Tone IMO!! Just keep your cat for a rainy day

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
JUST WANDERIN IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME A MUFFLER THATS NOT LOUD? IM WANTING TO CHANGE OUT MY STOCK MUFFLER TO TRY AND GET BETTER FUEL MILEAGE. WILL IT VOID MY WARRANTY & WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ON REMOVAL OF THE CATALYTIC???
If it came down to the nitty griddy with a dealer on a problem, They could deny the claim. But I dought they would.
I gutted the cat because I kept 3.5in and no muff. If I were going 4 or 5in pipe, I would have used a cat delete and kept the cat intact. Easy to bolt in if you live in a county that has emisions inspection. But any aftermarket muff would be better than stock.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
adding or subtracted a muffler isn't going to increase milage by any noticable amount.

·
Registered
215 Posts
ive got the turbo back mbrp 4in no cat an the dealer didnt say anything when it was in the shop numerouse times

·
LTJDS
553 Posts
FOR THE RECORD !!!

ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR EXHAUST FROM THE CAT BACK WILL NOT (I REPEAT) WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY PERIOD !
BTW: Also Changing your air filter and leaving it in your OEM Air intake assembly WILL NOT VOID Your Warranty Either.
PS: with the Cat still on, Drone will be at a minimum as will be any improvment in Flow enhancement or MPG. :crazy:
Synthetic Fluids, and Proper Tire Pressure, and a Light Right Foot are your best bet for improved MPG, don'T WAIST YOUR $ on improvements that are not going to be all encompassing. ie. a Real FREE FLOW Exhaust, or a Dedicated Cold Air Intake, yada yada yada......Good Luck :thumb:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR EXHAUST FROM THE CAT BACK WILL NOT (I REPEAT) WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY PERIOD !
BTW: Also Changing your air filter and leaving it in your OEM Air intake assembly WILL NOT VOID Your Warranty Either.
PS: with the Cat still on, Drone will be at a minimum as will be any improvment in Flow enhancement or MPG. :crazy:
Synthetic Fluids, and Proper Tire Pressure, and a Light Right Foot are your best bet for improved MPG, don'T WAIST YOUR $ on improvements that are not going to be all encompassing. ie. a Real FREE FLOW Exhaust, or a Dedicated Cold Air Intake, yada yada yada......Good Luck :thumb:
I was told any aftermarket prodcut can void warr, If the dealer really wants to fight. But good info, Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
Adding a bigger pipe from the CAT back will not void your warranty and if they do you can fight it with that law or whatever is out there. unless they can prove it was your extra inch or so of exhaust pipe to help lower egts and let the engine breathe a bit better and less back pressure on the all important turbo that caused the number 6 injector to fail then you got a case. also you can get a second opinion if it does happen. just like a doctor.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Like said, a muffler won't affect your milage noticeably. For silence try the monster exhaust from banks. I have a full turbo back exhaust with one and there is virtually no noise at the tail pipe, able to compete with my dad's DTS.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did the MBRP turbo back with the muffler delete and kept the kitty.
I was at the dealer getting a reflash done and asked about the new exhaust and they didn't even bat an eye and said they wouldn't have any problems with warrenties with the exhaust upgrade.
As for MPG's I picked up a little more than 1 MPG with the exhaust upgrade.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts