Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm considering either the catalytic delete pipe or the stock muffler delete pipe from Pure Diesel Power for my excursion. Looking for a little extra noise, but nothing deafening. Not as interested in HP (no studs yet) but mainly mileage gains. I figure I'd go 4" stainless if it weren't for the extra price that I could be spending on gauges, maintenance items, or parts for my other cars.

Which one of these pipes will give me the best increase in mpg?

Is a no muffler/no cat straight piped diesel too loud for daily driving given the giant cabin of the Excursion?

·
Premium Member
13,265 Posts
You are not going to see a mileage increase with just an exhaust. Not enough to really matter, at least. You could always just strait pipe the stock exhaust. It wont be loud until you get on it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
trust me spend some money get you an sct and a complete exhaust system. i just went from hacked factory to a 5 inch mbrp and fuel milage went up 2 mpg. i would have called you a liar if you would have told me that it would happen before i seen it my self.

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
i have the 4in magnaflow complete kit and i love it gives it a really deep sound with the muffler on, and is not obnoxious

1 - 4 of 4 Posts