67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck cranks but won't start.
was pulling codes P2414
1. abrm module replaced
2. valve assy, modulator replaced
3. egr cooler replaced
4. camshaft sensor replaced

some days starts right up from cold, other days will just continue to crank. Truck is used for work and it is becoming very undependable and really need help. mechanic can't find any codes and is clueless as to what is wrong.

thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Check ICP and FICM

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
When ya have no codes it's time to look at live data while trying to start, assumeing your mechanic has a scanner capable of that and knows what to look for.

P2414 o2 sensor1 bank 1

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
check to see if its oily

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am having exactly the same problem; vehicle has just had major service done, new everything, and now hasn't run since Saturday.

I take it ICP has something to do with the injectors?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
When ya have no codes it's time to look at live data while trying to start, assumeing your mechanic has a scanner capable of that and knows what to look for.

P2414 o2 sensor1 bank 1
Dannyboy950 hit the nail on the head. You need to get a (live) scanner on it. Even though the FICM is new check the volts. Did you replace your batteries when you replaced your FICM? I'm by no means even close to being an expert but what I have learned is most of these things are caused by a chain reaction. Example: weak batteries kill your FICM. FICM starts going bad and kills ICP from excesive cranking and so on. Get it scanned and see what codes come up and then the pro's will jump in and start pointing you in the right direction. See if there is another Powerstroke member near you who may have a scanner and can help you out for maybe nothing more than a few beers :drinking4: Check your battery volts, FICM volts and see if your ICP has any oil on it (all free). Also when it doesn't want to crank, unplug your ICP and if she fires up then you found your problem. Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
ICP??? Definition please.
My understanding is that the Injection Control Pressure Sensor detects the high pressure oil used to fire the injectors. Thats why when you un plug it the computer will default to the minimum pressure and the truck will start right up. Thats how you know if your ICP Sensor is bad. Again thats just my shaddy tree mechanic understanding of it. Maybe one of the pro's will chime in and set me straight or explain it a little better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Deer Creek - Thank you for that definition. You may want to try turning off your A/C, like I did this morning; the truck fired right up...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just changed my oil stand pipes dummy plugs changed icp sensor getting plenty of fuel to filter and plenty of oil when I crank it also checked ficm and volts are 48.6 -48.3 key on and cranking. But still no start sprayed a little starting fluid and stil no difference I'm stumped!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remove the two torks screws on the ficm connect the negative side to the battery and place the red one on the diode closest to the driver side fender make sure you don't rip the gasket on the ficm cover and make sure you plug off any water lines to prevent leakage into the ficm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also turn key on with out cranking and it should read about 48.2 volts and then have someone else crank the truck while you still check the voltage it should read the same if voltage goes down its a bad ficm

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Did you test your batteries?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Batteries are fully charged. I replaced oil stand pipes dummy plugs the stc injection kit and sensor that goes on the side of the high pressure oil pump changed the oil and still no fire up unplugged the sensor on the passenger side valve cover and I can hear air coming out the sensor when I un screw it and oil pours out. Doing everything I can not to pour gas on it and let it burn. Can't get anyone to fix it or help with suggestions very frustrated bad part is it only has 116789 miles on it. I know it has plenty of life left

1 - 18 of 18 Posts