Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 6.0 seems to miss and make a funny noise when going up a gradual incline whether I am pulling my 5th wheel or not. When it does this I can still accelerate. When I let off on the fuel it goes away. Doesn't do it all the time. I had a turbo hose blow off last fall and had it replaced. EGR also has been replaced. The truck has been sitting in my garage for the last 5 months but it did this last year as well. Tonight I went out and tightened up the clamps on the turbo hose. I'll check it out again tommorrow. Any suggestions? Thanks Doug:dunno:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Hey, mine does that to. The engine seems WAY noisier when i am pulling something. Mine almost knocks when the engine is stressed from a load. I am thinking that I may have another bad injector or something like that. My noise is almost scary sounding. Maybe a weak injector in your engine not giving it the full "boom" if you will in that cylinder. Just my thoughts however. Can you be more descriptive on the noise please, that may help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If its under 100k get it checked out at the dealer.
Could be fuel pressure also, if you have a way to check it do that first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It may have some sever coking in the egr port causing the other egr you had replaced to fail as well. It will have numourous egr codes if this is happening. You must never let these eng's. idle for long extended times cause it will coke up the intake real bad over a long period of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts