Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the front and rear crank installation tools and would be willing to let me borrow/rent/buy them? I cant see spending $200 bucks to rent some tools or $400 to buy some tools that I will probably only use once.

If you have purchased them and regret it because you have only used them once and don't see using them again then can I buy them from you? You would get half your money back.

If you would be willing to rent them to me, I could send you some money and you send me the tools then when I return the tools you send me some cash back?

Or how about you are in San Diego and would let me borrow them for an afternoon or weekend and I would supply you a case of beer for your troubles?

Thanks guys

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day
the front isn't bad https://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/261.html
I was entertaining the thought of loading up the motor on a pallet and having a shop do the work in the bed of the truck

or have them unload it with a fork lift and i could pick it up later

people who have the tools don't want to lend them because used improperly you can trash the threads

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at that and that my be an option but I would rather have the correct tool to install the seal and the wear ring at the same time.

I hear ya about damaging the tool that is why I am willing to give a deposit.

Heck if someone bought it and used it once and is holding on to it just because, I would buy it from them at a little bit of a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
yes the front tool i posted is just the front wear ring installer after you cut the old one off

there are a few videos showing the installation of the front seal and wear ring with DIY method

you probably gathered this but the rear needs the old wear ring removed (only) if present but the new seal style does not use a wear ring

all that can be done in one shot if you take it to a shop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.