Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been learning so much here from everyone else's posts, but hit something that I need help with.

There are 4 "versions" of the Scangauge SYC code. They all have the same TXD, RXF and MTH, only the RXD is different.

Most lists on the site say to use RXD 3000 or 3001 as an alternate.
Some list 3701 as an alternate.
Scangauge says to use 3601 on their website.

Is there a difference between all of these?

The reason I ask is because my 2003 6.0 all stock with 240K kind of fluttered each time I took my foot of the accelerator for about a mile, then had low power for 1/4 mile then died when it dropped to idle. Now it's a crank, no start. FICM is 48, IPR is around 40 and ICP is bouncing around but hitting 660. Pulled fuel filter cap, have fuel, dash gauge shows oil pressure after 15 seconds of cranking.

If I use the first two RXD's for SYC (3000 or 3001) I get a 0 which would explain why it won't start. BUT if I use 3701 or 3601 I get 1 which says my problem is somewhere else.

Anyone have any guesses as to whether or not there is sync? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
The codes for RXD are 3000, 3001, 3601, 3701
The problem is if you have entered 3000 and it does not work (returns 0 instead of 1), when you enter any of the other numbers they will return 0 also. In order to get the right RXD code to work, you have to change the number ( I use 3601), then reassign the gauge to something other than SYC and then reassign the gauge back to SYC. When you reassign the gauge back to SYC the scangaugeII firmware will reload the parameters for SYC and it will work. I am a programmer and this is a bug. Most likely it is a scangaugeII bug but I suppose it could be in the auto's CPU.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts