Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. FIRST ONE IS WHAT KIND OF COOLANT/ANTIFREEZE SHOULD I USE. SECONDLY WHAT TIRE PRESSURE DO YOU GUYS RUN.

I HAVE A 2004 F-250 6.0 PSD 4 DOOR

·
Registered
578 Posts
I run about 85 psi in my tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IS IT NECASARYTO RUN 85 PSI WITH A EMPTY TRUCK. LOOKS LIKE THAT HIGH OF A PRESSURE WOULD MAKE FOR A ROUGH RIDE.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Not sure what PSI I run, it's what ever is rated for my tires. The coolant, I just run what the dealer puts in her.

-BG06.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS. FIRST ONE IS WHAT KIND OF COOLANT/ANTIFREEZE SHOULD I USE. SECONDLY WHAT TIRE PRESSURE DO YOU GUYS RUN.

I HAVE A 2004 F-250 6.0 PSD 4 DOOR
Just checked my tires last week. All are 44 psi. My truck is empty most of the time. pull a trailer once a week.
I also have larger tires than stock. 305/70

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Please take your caps off - insinuates yelling when all caps are on - we know you are not - but please.

As far as tire pressures - I have a F-250, run LT 305 70r16E's I run max air in front and about 10psi in rear when unloaded. When loaded - I max out the tires.

Higher pressures will create less rolling resistance offering you a few points of better mileage.

My coolant is whatever Ford put in her.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Tire pressure is a loaded question, no pun intended. Different size and load rated tires will respond differently. My Goodyears are load range E rated for 80 psi but the fronts don't much seem to like less than 60 psi. Since the price of fuel began to exceed $3/gal I keep them all at 75-80 psi to maximize fuel economy. If I'm setting them for best ride it's 60 in the front and 50 in the rear.

As far as coolant goes, do yourself a favor and look into either the Fleetguard ELC sold by International dealers or Caterpillar's red ELC. Both are far superior to the Gold Motorcraft that Ford uses and will actually cost a little less.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Tire pressure is marked on the tire....the PROPER way to get the pressure right is...the tire chaulk test.

google it.

Improper tire pressure will quickly wear your tires out,...too much pressure wears the center....too little wears the outsides.

also...too little will cause the tire to grind the plys internally, and possibly rupture....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts