Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 PS F250 with the 6.0. I am curious to what the gear ratio is in my truck. Does anyone know how to figure out what the gear ratio is?

Also has anyone put a camper on a F250 short box? How heavy of a camper can a 3/4 ton truck handle? I am interested in purchasing one, but would like to get a better idea of whether this is a good idea or not. I see people with F350's all the time with campers installed.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Verify the axle code on the factory sticker on the drivers B-pillar, or the axle itself. If its still stock all F250/F350 SRW's ran 3.73 gears in the axles.

As for the camper, the B-pillar would also have the Rear GAWR. You don't want to exceed that with the camper installed and loaded out. A rule of thumb is to go get the truck weighed, and figure out how much you run empty compared to your GVWR. I don't see many slide in campers for short boxes, not sure if you'll find one light enough to work. If you do, and still have a bit of sag in the rear, you have a couple of options. 1) the rear blocks out of an F350, 2) a additional set of springs in the rear, 3) a set of Air bags. Air Bags would be my recommendation, when you don't have the camper in and loaded down, you can run them aired down and maintain the factory ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts