Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday at the Buck my friend in his 2008 6.7 Cummins raced a 6.0 PSD. There is an intake and Edge Attitude e/ Juice on the Cummins. Only on level 4, my buddy's truck smoked the Powerstroke. Nobody could beleive it. Looks like these new Cummins are packin some power. PSD owners better do something because a 6.7 won 1st in the drags and sled pulls.:tard:

·
Registered
418 Posts
what was in the ford? also I want to see the race on pavement not dirt.
not to mention the ford looks as though it has no traction.

6.7's are not all that special imho Imuch prefer the 6.6 LMM and 6.4 over them. give me a 12 cummins and a commonrail 5.9 over the new 6.7

·
Registered
1,519 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well thats a little unfair race heres a few things to really consider.
1.it was a dirt drag if you watch the video you can see the fords tires just spinnin
2.that is one of the first 6.0 SD which could be like an 04' compared to a 08'
3. comparing an outdated early 6.0 to a brand new common rail 6.7 you do the math

so in reality this isnt a fair race plus you dont even know what the 6.0 has, might just be a programmer. its hard to compare a common rail engine to one thats not.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
thats also like comparing my 1996 to a 2000, thats right i would get killed

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The next round he raced the winner of the drags at the first Powerfest events, a totally beefed up 5.9 Cummins, and beat him too. Im not putting anything down I'm just saying these Cummins are not bad motors at all, but I would still take my 7.3 over one anyday.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
i mean dont get the impression im tryin to be an ahole but after you saying that, i think he couldnt get the tires to grab in that vid a 6.7 wouldnt pull away THAT bad what so ever just my .02

·
Registered
418 Posts
is it me or does the 6.7 even straight piped sound way to quiet. I have yet to hear one in person but I do get the impression that they are quiet.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
same here saber, actually all the new trucks are reeeaaallll quite straight piped!!!!!! the durasuck, cumminGs, and the powerstroke 6.4

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think the loudest straight piped trucks are the 7.3 and the 6.0

if you got only a straight piped 6 liter you may not blow coal like a freight train but you are gonna make eardrums bleed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts