Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got back home today from picking up a truck 850 miles away. Pulled it home with my 6.0 and have to say I'm impressed. I've hauled with it before, even heavier loads around town but never for 100's of miles of mountian terrian. It perform excellent.

For more info on the Bronco see:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/trucks/107059-local-sale-had-list.html

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a 350 being weighed down that much?

any way congrats!!!!
what was your avg mpg?
I checked it on the way up with just the trailer and i was getting 14.5. I didn;t check it loaded.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I posted this earlier, but I want to show my 6.0 some more love. Pulled the 08 250 in my signature picture back home from the sled pulls after the driveshaft popped off on a bigger trailer than the one seen in that photo. Truck weighed a little over 9,000lbs and the trailer weighed 8,200lbs dry with 4 250+lb men in the cab and she went from White Plains, Ga to Cartersville, Ga and was able to hold 65-70 mph the whole way back! Don't ask about mpg's because it was early A.M. when we left and fuel economy was the last thing on mind when we had 140 miles to go and it was 1 a.m. SHE DUN GOOD :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Looks like you need some airbags...

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
a 350 being weighed down that much?

any way congrats!!!!
what was your avg mpg?
That's because most of the load is on the front of the trailer:nod: I would have turned it around so most of the weight was over the trailer axles and not on the tongue...woulda towed even better:thumb:

I never tow anything less than 400 miles...usually closer to 1000 miles by the time I make a round trip and she has always performed well:thumb: I've been able to pull decent grades at 70mph and not go over 1100* egt's.

Old Photo:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Looks like you need some airbags...
My springs have already given up the ghost at 58k miles. Thats why she is squatting so bad. I was able to aquire some springs off of an 04 350 ambulance for free. That will solve that little issue :woot:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's because most of the load is on the front of the trailer:nod: I would have turned it around so most of the weight was over the trailer axles and not on the tongue...woulda towed even better:thumb:

I never tow anything less than 400 miles...usually closer to 1000 miles by the time I make a round trip and she has always performed well:thumb: I've been able to pull decent grades at 70mph and not go over 1100* egt's.

Old Photo:

Well we had to put stock wheels and tires on the front to clear the fenders on the trailer and once we got it loaded i didn't feel like changing all that around. It looks worse in the pics than it actually was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts