Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm stumped!!!! While on a trip this last weekend I was driving down the highway and hit a bump on an overpass and my truck kinda stalled. The water in fuel, ABS, and 4x4 lights came on and the truck would only turn 1100 RPM. I cycled the peddle from full to no throttle a couple times and the truck seemed to return back to mostly normal with the exception of not making the normal 10-12# boost at 75 MPH it was only making 5#and it seemed a little sluggish. Well I continued my trip and no other issues. Then after the truck setting for a day or two I started it and while making a left turn it died completely. I pulled over and it cranked right up. Well now it dies with just about any bump I hit and seems to be making less boost than normal when not running WOT. This may be unrelated but I do have two injectors sticking causing some rough idling and some bucking till its warm. Also this morning while starting it would crank over and fire but fun for just a second then die, I had to start it a few times till it would stay running but once started it ran as if it wasnt running on all 8 cylinders. Anyone got any ideas what is causing this?????

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I would change the fuel filters and see if there is any water in the fuel. Maybe check the wires going to your fuel pump to see if moving them will cause the truck to act up

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will pick some filters up this evening on my way in and check the wiring when I change them.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Do you have a monitor? I would also check ficm and connectors. Check all of your battery, starter and alernator connections.

Sent from my SCH-I500

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Monitor???? What kind of monitor are you talking and what should I be looking for with it I do have a scan tool if that's what your talking about.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've had a similar problem I just got done rattling and poking around the engine compartment of my 06 super duty 6.0 I found the number 13 fuse in the fuse box on the driver side in the engine compartment was sticking up a little I jiggled it and the engine died so I pushed it in all the way drove it and hit some large bumps so far so good I'll keep you posted

Attachments

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
So I've had a similar problem I just got done rattling and poking around the engine compartment of my 06 super duty 6.0 I found the number 13 fuse in the fuse box on the driver side in the engine compartment was sticking up a little I jiggled it and the engine died so I pushed it in all the way drove it and hit some large bumps so far so good I'll keep you posted
From the picture that looks to me like the #15 fuse FICM logic. Which makes sense. #13 is Daytime running lights, which would have no effect on running.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, CRAZY I FOUND THIS. Sorry to dig up an old thread but I need to know what the fix was. My 2004 excursion 6.0 is doing the same thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts