Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if its a rumor or legit info but I was at a local labor day thing at the park and a guy sees me in my truck and asked me if I got my notice in the mail about the 6.0 powerstroke recall on the head studs on the 2003-2007 6.0 diesel? I said I didnt know anything about it and he tells me ford is issuing the recall to avoid a class action lawsuit or something. Providing recipts ford will cover the repair bill or if you have never had it done then gaskets and new studs will be done at the dealership at no charge. If its true then hopefully the torque to yield studs wont be used. I aint for sure if its true or not, just info on what another person had told me. Maby somone on here knows more about it then me.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Theres no legit info about a recall at this point

·
Registered
158 Posts
is this something that may happen? I have a 07 with really no issues with the heads but if this would go through or happen i guess i'd have studds put in by the dealer then??

would be a good time to have a oil cooler/egr cooler replaced too

can anyone verify this is something that may happen?

·
Registered
236 Posts
My friend was telling me about a recall they heard on the news about a recall but wasn't for sure what it was but I hope they do something about people having to do the studs and everything on there trucks

·
Registered
91 Posts
If this comes to pass maybe I'll get a set of injectors or turbo or both depending on what they pay it would be awesome if they gave some money back I got close to 3k in mine parts only for the gaskets and studs oil cooler egr delete

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is a link i found. I would go with the second link.

Ford Recall Info
Ford at Edmunds.com.
wwww.Edmunds.com/Ford

FORD Recalls
6.0 Diesel; 1999-2003 7.3 Diesel; 1994.5-1997 7.3 Diesel; 1983-1994 7.3&6.9 Diesel ... All Years or Unknown Year FORD recall lookup. 2013 FORD recall lookup. 2012 FORD recall ...
www.ford-trucks.com/recalls/recall.php/m-FORD

For more information, contact Ford at 800-392-3673

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
that would be pretty cool cause then the resale value of all 6.0 trucks would go WAY up.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Dont believe it, why would Ford take responsibility for something that has to do with ARP, doesnt make sense but you never know, until i see some credible facts then im a disbeliever

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i doubt it would be arps... ford would probably develop their own bolt...

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
What's the converter recall about?
its not for our trucks, its for the a4xn trans that was used in the vans and cars. i just used it as an example.

if your doing the work yourself you could still be reimbursed for parts. of course this is assuming they do recall them.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts