Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with I have done a few google searches and maybe I am not searching right, but can someone tell me what years in the 6.0 have the filters in the fuel tank. I have the blue spring upgrade and I checked both filters chassis and engine bay. I'd like to see if I have those filters and if they are clogged before buying a fuel pump. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
The fuel pickup can/will break off at some point in the life of the truck. The small pieces can get in the line and plug it, you will need to blow out the line and possibly run a wire thru it to make sure the plastic is fully out
The current crop of fuel pickup are junk and will only last a short time, so you may want to consider a sump upgrade

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,255 Posts
Also, none of the 6.0L pickup tubes came with filters.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
They did have a screen on the large end

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I don't have any 1/4 tank issues, that's why I am asking about the filters inside the tank. This link specifically says its for the 6.0 with a pick up and 2 screens. I just need to know what years had this to avoid removing my fuel tank if the 05 did not have it.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Only the 7.3 had the filters, the 6.0 only uses the plastic pickup foot

·
Compression Ignition Addict
6,255 Posts
The 7.3's also have a screen on the large end - lol.

This issue keeps coming up because of adds like that. now, you may be able to install that 7.3L pickup tube in our 6.0's, but who would want filters in that pickup tube - they would only be a big inconvenience. The dual filtration system on the 6.0L is quite sufficient.

Reactions: jokester00
1 - 10 of 10 Posts