Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys first post here, was hoping to get some help with my truck. I have a 2007 Ford F-250 6.0 and it keeps dropping power after around 30 seconds of driving after start up. I can shut it off while driving start it back up and my power is back but then loses power again and is gutless until you hit 3500 rpm after that it picks up a little bit. When this happens truck will also only run 17-20 lbs of boost

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
You need to get a scanner or program that can read codes. That might help point you in the right direction. Forscan Lite app for your phone and an OBDII bluetooth dongle can be had for <$50.

-jokester

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, PHP FICM tunes.
1,326 Posts
Yep. You gotta equip yourself to read codes if you don't want to pay someone else a buttload to figure out and fix your problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
You need to get a scanner or program that can read codes. That might help point you in the right direction. Forscan Lite app for your phone and an OBDII bluetooth dongle can be had for <$50.

-jokester
I have sct 4 and has no new codes one it other than abs

Yep. You gotta equip yourself to read codes if you don't want to pay someone else a buttload to figure out and fix your problems.
I have sct 4 on it no new codes just abs

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
SCT is not great at pulling codes. Not to mention, it doesn't read some truck parameters correctly. Forscan is one of the cheapest options, but also one of the best!

-jokester

·
Registered
2004 F250 Crew Cab 4X4 SB SW 6.0L
31 Posts

-jokester
I got my setup for $27, came in yesterday and absolutely love it. Found out my IPR took a dump!

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter, PHP FICM tunes.
1,326 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Reactions: 6LiterTeter

·
Registered
2004 F250 Crew Cab 4X4 SB SW 6.0L
31 Posts
Lol? But your info helped **** tons! My IPR actually fully failed on the way home today from from work. Luckily I was about to pull into the driveway when it shut off. New OEM IPR will be here tomorrow, never buying aftermarket again. My buddies at O'RILEY is going to warranty exchange the aftermarket one for OEM, only have to pay $10 extra for it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay y’all say I need this scanner but I want to know what y’all’s thoughts are on it. Like what would be causing it to be gutless after 30seconds of running it truck never surges, dosent shut off, dosent rough idle, all my graves read normal have sent them in and not a beat of them are off montier is reading the right numbers. Like it’s gonna be something simple that I’m over looking that I ain’t finding

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Bad EBP sensor
Bad EBP sensor pigtail
Bad MAP Sensor
Bad BARO sensor
Bad VGT solenoid
Bad VGT soleoid pigtail
Sticky Vanes on the Turbo
Bad ICP sensor
Bad ICP sensor pigtail
Bad IPR
Bad IPR pigtail
Bad FICM
Bad Batteries
Harness shorting to something
And literally a dozen other things...

This is why we ask for data, because we aren't there to see what the truck is doing. We can't watch it be gutless. We can't see it belch black smoke at certain times. We don't hear anomalies in the engine idle. YOU are our eyes! YOU are our ears! YOU are our information!

Without data, we are doing nothing more than throwing monkey poo on the walls, and while it's fun to spend other peole's money, and we MIGHT eventually find the problem, that method of troubleshooting gets expensive FAST!!

-jokester

·
Compression Ignition Addict
11,068 Posts
Hey Doc - I got something wrong with me - no energy! Before you get my blood pressure, oxygen level, or pulse rate - tell me what I got!

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
Bad EBP sensor
Bad EBP sensor pigtail
Bad MAP Sensor
Bad BARO sensor
Bad VGT solenoid
Bad VGT soleoid pigtail
Bad ICP sensor
Bad ICP sensor pigtail
Bad IPR
Bad IPR pigtail
Bad FICM
Bad Batteries

This is why we ask for data, because we aren't there to see what the truck is doing. We can't watch it be gutless. We can't see it belch black smoke at certain times. We don't hear anomalies in the engine idle. YOU are our eyes! YOU are our ears! YOU are our information!

Without data, we are doing nothing more than throwing monkey poo on the walls, and while it's fun to spend other peole's money, and we MIGHT eventually find the problem, that method of troubleshooting gets expensive FAST!!

-jokester

Gee, it's usually when someone replaces all that they come here for help.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Bad EBP sensor
Bad EBP sensor pigtail
Bad MAP Sensor
Bad BARO sensor
Bad VGT solenoid
Bad VGT soleoid pigtail
Bad ICP sensor
Bad ICP sensor pigtail
Bad IPR
Bad IPR pigtail
Bad FICM
Bad Batteries

-jokester
And what, pray tell, is wrong with throwing monkey poo on the walls? Might not be an effective problem solver, but never underestimate the power of tossing s**t around.

·
Premium Member
2004 F250 SD 6.0
886 Posts
Bad EBP sensor
Bad EBP sensor pigtail
Bad MAP Sensor
Bad BARO sensor
Bad VGT solenoid
Bad VGT soleoid pigtail
Bad ICP sensor
Bad ICP sensor pigtail
Bad IPR
Bad IPR pigtail
Bad FICM
Bad Batteries

-jokester
This is your second mention of monkey poo this week.

💩

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys first post here, was hoping to get some help with my truck. I have a 2007 Ford F-250 6.0 and it keeps dropping power after around 30 seconds of driving after start up. I can shut it off while driving start it back up and my power is back but then loses power again and is gutless until you hit 3500 rpm after that it picks up a little bit. When this happens truck will also only run 17-20 lbs of boost
Check your FICM and see if that lil mf tried popping out its happend to me it also causes an odd idle but it sounds like a fuel issue to me

·
Registered
19 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. You will need adapters to check it at the upper fuel filter. An easy test is to supply fuel from another source by disconnecting the feed to the HFCM from the tank and run a hose to a 5 gallon can in the bed temporarily. Have you done any modifications to the truck?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts