Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone may have a bit of insight into my old 6.0. I have a 2006 F350 6.0
It really doesn't seem to be making alot of power, but it will build 26# boost no problem. No codes are showing up. It's damn near gutless until it's at operating temp. I'm really tempted to throw a set of Injectors at it. The injectors were supposedly done 25k miles ago, but I found a H&s mini-max manual in the center console after I bought it. I wonder if it could have been used and abused and then returned to stock before I bought it. Here's a strange note, this thing never blows any smoke, like at all. I'm not saying I want it to blow smoke, but it's almost strange that it doesnt right? Like if I rug it on a green light, no smoke at all. It starts no problem even down to -40, ficm readings are 14v input, 48v output Maybe I'm just overthinking this and expecting too much out of my old truck. I have a fuel pressure gauge on order, but I don't expect to see low pressure, it has no symptoms of that really.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you have stock exhaust you won't be seeing smoke. The muffler and cat will catch most of it.

How are your fuel filters?
Any other readings you can find to help?
Most of the good helpers on here are going to be asking for alot of extra info that you haven't provided. If you can get a scanner of any kind and start pulling info it will help the great guys around here help solve your problems.

Many will suggest torque pro app and a bluetooth dongle. I went out and bought a scanguage II when I was troubleshooting a no start on my old 6.0

The main thing here is your going to have to hunt down more info and even then it might be a shot in the dark considering diagnosing over the internet is tricky.

Here's hoping we get you 6.0 running good.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah stock exhaust. Fuel filters were both replaced when I replaced the HFCM 10,000 Kms ago (6000mi?)

All my readings like Ipr, icp, Ebp, vgt everything is reading good. That's why I'm stumped. At this point, I'm gonna try and reflash the FICM, and then if it's still acting up, I'll throw injectors at it. I wish I had access to IDS.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,062 Posts
Most inexpensive scan tools do not read all the codes. What are you using?

Also, I would suggest that you post the cranking values. Who knows, we might see something that you missed.

ICP pressure
ICP sensor voltage
IPR % duty cycle
FICM sync
FICM MPower
FICM LPower
FICM VPower
Injector Pulse Width
Cranking rpm
V-reference voltage

Also, would like to see EBP, MAP, and Baro at KOEO.

Fuel pressure is an essential reading also, but you need an add-on sensor AND a gauge to read that one (highly advised to do so at some point).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the fuel pressure gauge is in the mail. I am currently using torque pro. I could try and screen grab those readings but it fired up so quick it would be hard to get a ln accurate shot. I think Ebp was reading at 16psi koeo which I found strange but attributed it to reading baro.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
Since you already have an OBD adapter, grab Forscan to read the codes and the engine parameters -- Torque is nice as an everyday monitor, but it will not go in depth as well as Forscan

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts

Do what @Hydro said and get Forscan. Worth every penny. Best $5 you'll ever spend.
If you got a laptop, you don't even have to spend a dime. Just a few minutes of your time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have forscan on my surface pro, it doesn't want to connect to my Bluetooth dongle. I'll fiddle with it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
11,494 Posts
Works fine on my Surface Laptop with my OBDLink MX, MX+ and Old style Kiwi 2. What adapter do you have?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Works fine on my Surface Laptop with my OBDLink MX, MX+ and Old style Kiwi 2. What adapter do you have?
Veepeak BLE Bluetooth
It states "paired" on the surface pro, bit forscan won't read it. It never asked for the 1234 code so I'll unpair and repair it.

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
May need to select Bluetooth as the connection type in Forscan options -- the auto setting sometimes is wonky

The numbers of your Torque pics look pretty "normal" to me -- your not finding any codes at all?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,062 Posts
What is your MAP sensor reading?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts