Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
The MY 03 injector harness part number needs to ne corrected. Thank you Mike R @ AutoNation for getting me the right number.

The correct part number: 3C3Z-9D930-AA

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
The MY 03 injector harness part number needs to ne corrected. Thank you Mike R @ AutoNation for getting me the right number.

The correct part number: 3C3Z-9D930-AA
Edited thanks

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
I know a lot of this list needs an update but requires a lot of work. Ford supersedes part numbers all the time so its a never ending battle

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
MY 06 injector harness is also incorrect. Only has one "A" at the end

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
This isn't the end of the world, of course, but - in the original post/list - the ECT/EOT sensor is incorrectly listed as SW6053. That is the number for an ignition cylinder.

The correct ECT/EOT sensor part number is SW6052.

This list has been helpful more than a few times, btw. Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Main Wiring Harness 2003 6.0 may be wrong

First off, awesome job everyone who has put the effort into this list. Very helpful. In my search to get my wiring harness replaced I think I have found a error.

So I am sitting here looking at a supposed brand new main wiring harness for a 2003 6.0 with the navistar part number 1843797C93 Rev F1. This is indicated on the list on the first page as the FICM harness. I can say with certainty this is not the FICM Harness but a main PCM harness. The person on Amazon I purchased it from indicates it is ford part number is 3C3z12b637ba. I have no way to confirm yet it is the correct one for a 2003, but will know more within the week.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
First off, awesome job everyone who has put the effort into this list. Very helpful. In my search to get my wiring harness replaced I think I have found a error.

So I am sitting here looking at a supposed brand new main wiring harness for a 2003 6.0 with the navistar part number 1843797C93 Rev F1. This is indicated on the list on the first page as the FICM harness. I can say with certainty this is not the FICM Harness but a main PCM harness. The person on Amazon I purchased it from indicates it is ford part number is 3C3z12b637ba. I have no way to confirm yet it is the correct one for a 2003, but will know more within the week.

Hope this helps.
the harness can be determined by the engine serial number based on your vin, if you like shoot me you vin and I can help you with the correct harness. that harness will be the main engine harness which will run to the ficm as well. some trucks were built with a separate harness for the ficm to injs.

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts

Hope this helps.
3C3Z-12B637-BA Is a good number for MY 03. I have an 03, that is the harness I bought and installed just last week. You have to understand that it connects to the FICM, PCM, Glow plug module, bus bars, all sensors and IPR Valve. There is not 1 "FICM harness" the main harness utilizes one of the 3 plug positions on the FICM, and the Injector harness utilizes the other two plug positions on the FICM. Hope this helps, but you've got the correct harness & at an awesome price too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
3C3Z-12B637-BA Is a good number for MY 03. I have an 03, that is the harness I bought and installed just last week. You have to understand that it connects to the FICM, PCM, Glow plug module, bus bars, all sensors and IPR Valve. There is not 1 "FICM harness" the main harness utilizes one of the 3 plug positions on the FICM, and the Injector harness utilizes the other two plug positions on the FICM. Hope this helps, but you've got the correct harness & at an awesome price too.
Thanks that helps, I need to use better terminology. The harness I have is the main engine harness, the one indicated in the list as my part number says it is a injector harness. This i believe is where the issue is. The mechanic I am working with is going to install it for me for free, I guess spending 10K with the guy over a year gets you some benefit.

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Thats a nice guy cause, although it seems easy, its a sucky job because of the crank sensor location

·
Registered
243 Posts
rubber hose 3C3Z-9Y439-AD intake man to degas bottle

don't know if we're still updating this list, but I just needed this part and thought I'd offer it.

This is the rubber hose from the intake manifold to the nipple of the degas bottle about halfway back on the inboard side. This hose comes with new metal clips. It is formed to fit just like the one in the truck.

With the system full, removing the hose from the intake manifold does result in fluid squirting out, but it's not a tremendous amount if you hurry. It's under no kind of pressure, at least when cold.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
Yeah I really need to do some updating, I havent been on here in awhile, couldnt remember my password and for some reason i couldnt get it reset at work, some firewall or something. But... now im back and will do some work. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
"Coolant Port Cover on Oil Cooler Top Cover (Where the Blue Hose For EGR Cooler Connects)"

3C3Z 9N693 EA Oval Gasket
3C3Z 9N693 FA O-Ring
4C4Z 8592 AA Blue Hose

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
Yeah I really need to do some updating, I havent been on here in awhile, couldnt remember my password and for some reason i couldnt get it reset at work, some firewall or something. But... now im back and will do some work. Thanks
Guess I should have let you add these, if you would.

"Coolant Port Cover on Oil Cooler Top Cover (Where the Blue Hose For EGR Cooler Connects)"

3C3Z 9N693 EA Oval Gasket
3C3Z 9N693 FA O-Ring
4C4Z 8592 AA Blue Hose

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
I just realized that Michaelaiman isn't on the forum anymore. I know he was talking about selling the 6.0 because his wife didn't like walking anymore :).

I remember looking at his signature and was blown away that he was getting rid of it. That fella covered all his bases twice......? Anyone see him in the 6.7 forum ? or maybe the Cummins ones..........

·
Premium Member
11,680 Posts
I just realized that Michaelaiman isn't on the forum anymore. I know he was talking about selling the 6.0 because his wife didn't like walking anymore :).

I remember looking at his signature and was blown away that he was getting rid of it. That fella covered all his bases twice......? Anyone see him in the 6.7 forum ? or maybe the Cummins ones..........
Looks like his last post was in March, but it shows he logged in at least on 5/20. Where are you @michaelaiman?

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts

Looks like his last post was in March, but it shows he logged in at least on 5/20. Where are you @michaelaiman?
What what what? This better be about pizza!
Ive mostly been lurking. I did not buy a 6.7 or a cummins. My 17 superduty is a gasser. 6.0 is still in my possession. Guy supposed to be coming from Buffalo this weekend to buy it though. I havnt been on much because I've got a shadow @ work now (training a new guy) and then the baby keeps us pretty busy on top of that with back to back ear infections... poor child getn tubes soon. Thanks for thinkn of me guys. Just remember if you feel eyes on you or hear heavy breathing at night im around.

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
What what what? This better be about pizza!
Ive mostly been lurking. I did not buy a 6.7 or a cummins. My 17 superduty is a gasser. 6.0 is still in my possession. Guy supposed to be coming from Buffalo this weekend to buy it though. I havnt been on much because I've got a shadow @ work now (training a new guy) and then the baby keeps us pretty busy on top of that with back to back ear infections... poor child getn tubes soon. Thanks for thinkn of me guys. Just remember if you feel eyes on you or hear heavy breathing at night im around.
Hey, nice to see ya still around! Sorry to hear about the tube thing, get a second or third opinion, we let them do that to our oldest boy and his ear is still screwed up, hearing loss and drainage 30 years later. Good luck

261 - 280 of 282 Posts