Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced my oil cooler 2 summers ago with an OEM one, starting to to have some high oil temps again, which is the best aftermarket oil cooler for an not everyday driver. I try to drive my tuck once or twice a week, I do some occasional towing and hauling, live in PA so it will be in cold and hot weather, was looking at bulletproof diesel performance remote cooler.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I and some others on this forum went with BPD, their remote air-to-oil cooler in my case. The price is a bit tough to choke-down but no regrets about the decision. bismic's question above is on target.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
10,212 Posts
Should be good with that, as long as you get the system cleaned out.

The only aftermarket oil cooling systems that I would consider are those from BPD. That said, my OEM oil cooler is doing quite well and has been for a lot of years. The key is to get a clean system to start with.....hard to do on old trucks that may have been allowed to drop silicates and minerals for a number of years.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be good with that, as long as you get the system cleaned out.

The only aftermarket oil cooling systems that I would consider are those from BPD. That said, my OEM oil cooler is doing quite well and has been for a lot of years. The key is to get a clean system to start with.....hard to do on old trucks that may have been allowed to drop silicates and minerals for a number of years.
I was looking at the BPD remote cooler but there was a couple to choose from and I wasn't sure if "the most expensive one" was the right option, when I got the truck it was already deleted, studded and had a sinister diesel coolant filter on it, but like a said in my original post that it isn't my daily driver so I wasn't sure if the short life span of the current cooler was caused by the lack of use. When I replaced it 2 years ago I did flush out all coolant passages with water pressure and replaced coolant.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I and some others on this forum went with BPD, their remote air-to-oil cooler in my case. The price is a bit tough to choke-down but no regrets about the decision. bismic's question above is on target.
Which BPD remote air to oil cooler did you go with? I was on their website last night and seen there was a couple options for a 04 6.0.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Which BPD remote air to oil cooler did you go with? I was on their website last night and seen there was a couple options for a 04 6.0.
I have the BPD Heavy Duty cooler, BPD's code #90402031

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.