Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 f350 6.0 PSD late build, I was driving down the road pulling 14k trailer when engine decreased power and speed to the point it died and left me stranded. After couple hours it was a hard start and died after 20 seconds. Since then it has been a no start at all.

It has plenty of fuel going to the bowl and oil filter fills without hesitation. Placed it onto a scanner and everything checks out into the normal values. Pressure testing the oil system i can hear and ever so slight air leak from turbo drain line going to HPOP. removed the HPOP and all seals and o rings are in tact and the pump shaft seems to have no play in it.

Two weeks ago I changed the oil cooler and didn't have any issues in fact it was running great.

Do i have a HPOP problem? Expensive gamble if I replace it and nothing changes. I have the oil rails off with all o rings looking and seating correctly.

B

·
Administrator
22,100 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information, I have read through those before posting my question. IS it normal to have a a small amount of air from the HPOP when pressure testing or can it be resonated from a leak on the oil rail? The stand pipes and dummy tubes are after the injectors in the oil flow? If so, then any leaks here wouldn't cause a low pressure symptom. Am I wrong?

Boiling down is the leak from the HPOP to the injectors?
B

·
Premium Member
11,815 Posts
Have you pulled the IPR and got all of the lint and debris off of the screen from the oil cooler change?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The IPR has been pulled and is clean and free of debris. And yes i energize the IPR during the pressure test.

B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess my dilemma is do I change the HPOP and through the dice that this is the problem. I just cant delineate that the air I am hearing is from the HPOP or near the oil rails.

Any suggestions from here would be awesome.

B

·
Love all, Trust a Few...
4,854 Posts
It could be the oring on the Jtube where it goes into the cover plate. Aftermarket seals usually blow. Even the small oring between the jtube and the pump will blow if aftermarket. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Mine did that a few weeks ago and ended up just being the icp sensor connector was bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts