Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read somewhere that if the international sticker showing the hp/torque ratings on the passenger side valve cover is red its been moded more with emissions crap to be sold in california. and the ones that arent for california are a different coler is this true?????:dunno:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump: anyone????

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think thats the difference m mines red and the fine print says something about california emmisions on it:doh:

·
Registered
551 Posts
:bump: I'm curious now too. Mine's got a red sticker, and I'm in Nebraska...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya im not sure what all the difference is but ive got the sneaky pipe to delete the egr and the cat is gone and ive got a programmer so i really dont know if it makes adifference with the mods or if its just a stock thing????

·
Registered
790 Posts
Mines blue..I know when I needed a motor for my neon I was always asked if it was the emissions one or not.. Nevada don't care so its all good..

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
it may be true. i bought my truck in Oregon and it has a red labeled sticker. it also says it complies with california emissions standards.

·
Registered
467 Posts
which is silly because kalifornya does not smog diesels.........................

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know i bought my truck in colorado and it had an emisions exempt sticker on the windshield. but i got the red sticker doesnt make sense

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:bump:12345678910

·
Registered
190 Posts
umm.... yea??? what is the difference between the red and blue sticker:dunno: Bought my truck new in PA red sticker??? With kitty hanging above my workbench:thumb:

·
Registered
517 Posts
well you guys got me curious, now I'm gonna have to go out and look at the wifes truck tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Mine is Red, bought it in Tampa, FL and that was the original destination the truck was sent from the factory. What gives? Is it a Flash program that's different? I didn't think there was a California and non-cali version of these trucks.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ thats what were trying to figure out because some of us have red stickers and others have blue.. but noone knows for fact if theres a difference:dunno:

·
Registered
517 Posts
I just looked and I have blue, the wifes is a Tennessee truck.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey TD did you look at the sticker real good, if yuo did did it say anyhting about cali. emissions on it????

·
4,488 Posts
Could the production year have something to do with it?

I have one 04, blue sticker.......and two 06s, red sticker. All three Oklahoma sold trucks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
hey TD did you look at the sticker real good, if yuo did did it say anyhting about cali. emissions on it????
No, I just looked to see what color it was. I'll try to check it tomorrow. I have to stop at Ford and get some antifreeze since I seem to be losing it somewhere. Thats next, figure out where the antifreeze is going.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts