Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 2003 6.0 with about 95,000 miles have had the head issue fixed a bulletproof EGR cooler new egr vavle and the basic thing fixed when the heads where fixed. Its blows out a bunch of white smoke at idle and driving but when to step on the pedal to go it dumps out black smoke, any idea's? :ford:

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Its a 2003 6.0 with about 95,000 miles have had the head issue fixed a bulletproof EGR cooler new egr vavle and the basic thing fixed when the heads where fixed. Its blows out a bunch of white smoke at idle and driving but when to step on the pedal to go it dumps out black smoke, any idea's? :ford:
Take a close look at how much oil you have in the crankcase.

Does it struggle to start at first like it resists to turn over??

Is the exhaust smelling rich of fuel??

Be VERY CAREFUL if you have a injector flooding you can hydro-lock the engine and destroy it!

I may be over reacting but it sounds like you have a injector pouring fuel into the engine.
=Check oil level for being overfilled (seeing if diesel is winding up in engine)

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Load test your batteries, perform ficm check procedure. You need a monitor to check for codes. A stated before, you may have a bad injector, also.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh man i hope its not injectors but it sounds like it may be, i' ll check the FICM first. The smoke doesnt have much of a smell to it but the normal smell, but a stronger sent to it. If its the injector is there a simple way of finding out with out hooking it up to a scanner or computer?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
oh man i hope its not injectors but it sounds like it may be, i' ll check the FICM first. The smoke doesnt have much of a smell to it but the normal smell, but a stronger sent to it. If its the injector is there a simple way of finding out with out hooking it up to a scanner or computer?
This is necessary on the 6.0........http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259257

It is needed to pull codes, or you can pay someone to run a contribution/balance test.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts