Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who can say exact what needs to be done to use a 6.0 Powerstroke in a completely different car if you already have an engine, gearbox and complete electrical system?

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I wanna put one into a miata.......

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I'm putting one into a Smart Car. Right now I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to sit.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
On top of it just like the bar stool dragsters.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
27 Posts
Full of great ideas round here.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Island Dweller
1,300 Posts
I think it would be easier to use a short bed F250 and put a large car body on it. The only cars that I can think of that would have a large enough engine compartment would be mid 60s Cadillac and the like.
BTW I told the wife that I wanted to put one on a pontoon boat... She said go for it... Of course she only encourages me when she knows I won't actually go through with it. LOL

Sent from my Atrix

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
or maybe a '58 Fairlane.

·
Registered
214 Posts
in one of the recent magazines they had a 6.0 stuffed into about a 60-61 ford station wagon. If I recall right it took the guy about 2 years to complete and I think he owned a shop to boot. do a search for 1960 station wagon and ford 6.0 see what ya come up with.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Eh, the 6.0 is one of those engines I really wouldn't want to swap in to anything, but I wouldn't swap one out for something else either.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think it would be totally do-able if you have the time and money. You would have to do some serious work to reinforce the front suspension, but I could easily see a '72 Buick Riviera or an old Galaxie or something being a lot of fun if you have the loot to burn.

Scott

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You'll go broke and bald trying to put that giant motor into a car pal. Personally I'd like to see one in a early 80's bronco

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Best way is to get a complete donor vehicle that has been wrecked, otherwise it will more than triple the cost. And then whatever you think it will cost double it and also double the time you think it will take.

PgreenSVT when are you going to start on on the smart car, because I will drive across the country to ride in that death trap. :rofl:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I remember seeing a show on TV where they rebuilt a muscle car that I cant recall what and had a 6.6 duramax in it.

So it DEFINITELY is possible.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
You'll go broke and bald trying to put that giant motor into a car pal. Personally I'd like to see one in a early 80's bronco
6.0 in a Bronco has been done time and time again over pretty much every model year. Not saying it's not cool. Just saying it won't be anything unique which seems to be what the OP is looking to do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There is a guy on one of the forums putting one in a mustang I forget the thread but it was looking sweet

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
this thing is sick

Sent from my C771 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I looking for someone or some company who sell the corect boxes for my problem i ask Painless wire but they dont have anything.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think ur gonna need a donor truck or hit up he junk yard if ur missing electrical components....way to complicated for aftermarket stuff.

Wih a donor i think i could do it pretty easy....the motor really isnt that big its just all the sh!t around it that would need to be moved/re located. In a car you wouldnt need such a big radiator and intercooler...throw the batteries in the trunk, ditch the massive degas bottle and walla.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts