Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some opinions. I’ve put a lot of time, effort and money into this 6.0 just to be able to drive it and it’s starting to become obvious that I am paying for the previous owners sins. The turbo blew about a month ago and I bit the bullet and replaced it with a new one. When I replaced the turbo i also changed out the driver side stand pipe, valve cover gasket and a fresh oil change and filter. I got it back on the road and drove it for about a week with 0 issues. Yesterday morning I had a very extended crank and then it jumped to life and no other issues, it was in the mid 40’s so I didn’t think much of it. I drove it the 20 miles to work and that’s where it sat for 8 hours and when I got off I went to fire it up and it was a crank no start. I checked my gauges to see that the hpop was not producing enough pressure to start it. I was getting about 380-470 PSI from the hpop but that’s it. I checked my oil level and it seems fine. After that I checked the oil filter and it had some very small metal shavings in it. Is it possible that there was some residual metal shavings from the turbo going that killed the hpop? I’m really hoping I don’t have a lifter/cam issue. The motor ran like a top all the way to work. No misses, no indications of anything being wrong until it wouldn’t start last night.

· Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Quite possible your IPR screen is clogged or the IPR is now bad.Barring that, you may have other issues if you had metal in the HPO side.

· Compression Ignition Addict
11,548 Posts
Whatever happened in your last few threads? No conclusion posted in them (and questions left unanswered).

Is the metal magnetic?
I would send an oil sample in for metals analysis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts