Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting for my father in law. I normally post over on the 6.7 threads. He has an 04 f250 6.0 that use to just run out of power, pretty much just go to an idle, the truck was stock with 150K +/- miles on it. Then it started dying and would only restart with a shot of ether but then it would run fine for awhile. It has been in the shop numerous times. To date he has done head gaskets, studs, injectors, turbo, egr delete, fuel pump, and 2 oil pumps. After the last oil pump the truck ran great for about 2 weeks but quit the other day and wont restart even with ether. I know its not a lot of info but just wondered if anyone had an educated guess on what to look at next. Does the 6.0 have 2 fuel pumps? I know they changed 1 but was wondering of it has a HPFP like my 6.7 that may have failed.

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
You've got to post some numbers: FICM, ICP/IPR, SYNC or any other codes. If you can, get a fuel pressure reading.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.