Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ford F-350 6.0
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now my truck is stock. I just bought a 03 turbo to swap in and got a deal on 190/100 injectors so was gonna put them in with the 03 and im hearing some people are doing ok with a stock fuel system others say get one. Not too sure what my best bet is but is there anything i could do to hold good pressure wothout getting a whole fuel system?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
So right now my truck is stock. I just bought a 03 turbo to swap in and got a deal on 190/100 injectors so was gonna put them in with the 03 and im hearing some people are doing ok with a stock fuel system others say get one. Not too sure what my best bet is but is there anything i could do to hold good pressure wothout getting a whole fuel system?
With that injector you will need a fuel system. Do not and I repeat, do not, run those injectors (or any others for that matter) without a fuel pressure guage. I am running a Marty's Diesel system and highly recommend him. He knows his stuff and you can get him on the phone to answer any questions if you happen to have any. The 190/30 on a full fuel tune pushes a healthy stock fuel system to its limits... farther than I'm comfortable with. On a 100 nozzle you need something more than stock, no question. Doesn't have to be Marty's system but you will need a RR and a system of some sort.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Hate stupid people
8,681 Posts
fuel system=supporting mod
Injectors=performance mod.

i would be more concerned about blowing the top end without any supporting mods since your truck is stock.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
fuel system=supporting mod
Injectors=performance mod.

i would be more concerned about blowing the top end without any supporting mods since your truck is stock.
Great point. I'm putting the cart before the horse. If by all stock you mean no tuner and TTY head bolts you need to backup and start over before considering larger injectors. Additionally a stock turbo will not clean up those injectors. You will need a stage 2 or 3 with that size injector.

Reactions: jokester00

·
Registered
2006 Ford F-350 6.0
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truck has studs deleted. oil cooler was just done. sct tuner. and i planned on only running stock turbo for a lil while. woth good tuning it should clear oht pretty decent but i am also buying a stage 3 border turbo. i dont want to put that in just yet tho bc itll be pusbing 650 horse with that and i only have a stock trans as of right now

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Truck has studs deleted. oil cooler was just done. sct tuner. and i planned on only running stock turbo for a lil while. woth good tuning it should clear oht pretty decent but i am also buying a stage 3 border turbo. i dont want to put that in just yet tho bc itll be pusbing 650 horse with that and i only have a stock trans as of right now
I'll add an EGT guage to the must list also or you are likely to need more than a fuel system

Reactions: jokester00

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
294 Posts
Regulated return which can actually be fabbed up really easy if you’re familiar with fuel system stuff in race cars and the like. Need a good lift pump as well bare minimum sump would be a good addition as well since the lines on the fuel unit in tank are a bit restrictive at the connection. Ficm tuning will be necessary to take full use of those sticks and make the truck run to full potential cleanly. Buy a nice KC charger for it and you’ll have a ok setup. Trans are actually pretty strong if you keep them cool and have a billet cover converter. Some tunes are kinda hard on the trans if they don’t get the pressures right though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts