Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just have an issue every now and then of my truck not starting right away. It will just crank over for a couple seconds longer than normal and then fire up and drive great. Yesterday though it took quite a lot of cranking for it to fire, and a couple times of cycling the key. After about the second time of cycling the key it started right up and ran fine. It's almost like the engine was not receiving fuel or something. You would think if it were injectors I would see more problems than just the startup. I was told that it could be my fuel heater malfunctioning, but I just wanted to get some further input. Let me know what you think. It is an 05 f250 116,xxx miles completely stock. no work on engine or injectors at all.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Keep track of the conditions when it happens. Does it happen with a warm or cold engine? Heater is almost certainly not implicated, they stopped putting them in the fuel pumps in later years if I'm not mistaken. Is it crazy cold where you live?

If only when warm, maybe high pressure oil problem (STC fitting is common, standpipes, dummy plugs etc.)
If cold, maybe FICM, charging system, starter...lots of possibilities.

Monitoring system would be a good place to start, scangauge and dashboss are great IMO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts