Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new pillar and gauges because I sold my edge. Has anyone installed a autometer fuel pressure gauge in a 6.0. it is a electronic one that taps in the fuel line with a 1/8 npt fitting, but the instructions are not that clear on the best place to put it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Electronic gauge sender goes in the front of the fuel filter housing under the hood. You will see a plug that has to be removed fron the front of the filter housing near the bottom. But with the electronic fuel senders, you will need an adapter kit that you can get from Diesel Innovations. Kit come with a 6" stainless flex hose that threads into the filter housing and you thread your sender on the end of that hose because of clearance issues with the sender.

·
Registered
190 Posts
You could try that route, but it would be a challenge. I just installed Autometer gauges in my truck a few weeks back and I went to Home Depot, Lowes, and a couple of the small hardware stores around here looking for an adapter fitting for the port on the filter housing that will accept 1'8" NPT threads from the gauge sender. Couldn't find the right fitting with the correct threads for the port of the filter housing. Plus space is very tight in that area, so I gave up and called Diesel Innovations and got the adapter kit from them which is a 6" braided stainless flex line with a right angle fitting on the hose that threads into the filter housing. Thread your gauge sender on the other end of that and your done.
I can take a pic of my setup in the morning if you want me to so you can see what I'm talking about.
-Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts