Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my 2003 F-350 caught fire and total loss! Had a bad oil leak coming from icp location and was getting ready to have it towed to shop.

My son 17 year old son ( who doesn’t have a license for good reasons!!!!!) decided to sneak it out at night and joy ride with his buddies!!

It started smoking at some point and they pulled into a parking lot where it caught on fire! Total loss!!!

nedless to say I am furious and he won’t be getting a vehicle until he pay for his own!

I just wanted to let other people know that if you have oil leak coming from your icp sensor don’t drive it!! I’m guessing oil got on exhaust and got so hot it fired up!!

249 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about that. That’s a real bummer, hopefully no one was injured from the fires. Could definitely understand if someone has a real good *** burning afterwards. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
liability only! Apparently he was racing a raptor !! So exhaust was really hot!!

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
liability only! Apparently he was racing a raptor !! So exhaust was really hot!!
Inquiring minds have to know... did he win?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I raced my dually with my Raptor and won decisively. My g/f piloted the Raptor which may have affected things slightly, but I think the winning margin was enough to allow for any minor inexperience on her part. I was surprised by the results, especially since the Raptor has a 5-Star tune and is quick off the line. It also has Toyo MTs which slow it a bit.

Sure sorry to hear about the fire. Part of growing-up I guess...

Reactions: letsmow10

·
Administrator
21,766 Posts
the numbers say the raptor is a 5 sec 0-60 and the superduty generally is a mid 7 to 8 sec.
There is no scenario we would win from a dead start, rolling into it maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts