Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm thinking about installing an exhaust system and was wondering what systems are the most popular right now. 05 f-350 long box with a manual. Has anyone tried cutting out the muffler and welding in a delete pipe vs. a new system?? just considering. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
you can buy a muffler delete to go on the stock exhaust, but with a new system you get a bigger DP, you can kill that Kat and muffler in one shot and flow more hot air

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I run 3.5 straight no Cat swept in front of rear tire, No Muff. Love it.
I will switch to 5in someday, But this cost me ZERO cash, And sounds great.
I would recommend 5in straight no muff/Cat:thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts
A week ago I cut the Banks muffler & cat off and am now running 4" from the turbo out to 6" tips tipped out behind my back tires. I won't have another muffler on a PSD from now on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
On my 550, I recently pulled off the exhaust system off from the cat back. Sounds *****en! I pulled the cat off just to hear what it sounded like, WOW! ?But at fwy speeds it has a pulsating affect that was unbearable. Is this the result of low back pressure? Or because it was the exhust was dumped right under the cab?

Russell

·
Old Head
116 Posts
I just installed an MBRP 4" stainless no cat no muffler single system on my 05 LB CC. The MBRP may be a little more expensive than others but the installation was a breeze and the fit perfect. Like the old saying you get what you pay for. The sound is mild at idle just a nice jet like whoosh but when you romp on it and the turbo spools up it bellars pretty sweet. I have a 6 speed and it sounds neat when you suck the clutch in when running through the gears. Seems to have a little better low end too but that may be just my imagination.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On my 550, I recently pulled off the exhaust system off from the cat back. Sounds *****en! I pulled the cat off just to hear what it sounded like, WOW! ?But at fwy speeds it has a pulsating affect that was unbearable. Is this the result of low back pressure? Or because it was the exhust was dumped right under the cab?

Russell

Russel,

Mine doesn't have that pulsating effect that you are speaking of. I believe yours is caused because you don't have enough back pressure from dumping out under the cab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts