Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust manifolds are wrapped on my 6.0, I wanted to upgrade them but I'm not sure who to go with...

Was looking at BD, for the price, but haven't really been able to find much on them. Was looking at others, RCD etc., but I don't know if I'm ready to pay that much for manifolds. So can anyone give me any suggestions?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm going with BD for 2 reasons - local company and see quite a few members have them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I have a BD set. Good qaulity.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have a BD set. Good qaulity.
I have the BD manifolds on my excursion and will second the quality. Can't say they gave me any more or less power as I went from stock to reliable all in one shot with this one vs my F250 while it was cabbed up. Studded, deleted, o-ringed heads, fuel system (sump, pump, reg return), 4" exhaust, BD Manifolds, BD Uppipes, two injectors (#3 & #8), power wash and clean intake manifold, S&B Intake, S&B Intake Elbow, Spearco Intercooler, and a tune while it was Leadfoot Diesel down here in Atlanta.

Runs good, sounds good.

Reactions: Merc82

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Newest Thread I could find on BD Manifolds...didnt want to start another one :surprise:
Couple questions
1-Did these lower anyones EGT's at all if so how much?
2-What bolts or studs did you go with?
3-Did the sound pitch change?
4-How are they holding up?
My new build will have No limit intake, Colt stage 2 cam,Odawg sr3 intake, with my KC 2R and MBRP up pipes wrapped and wanted to now if this you be a good add to the build.
@TwinExcursions @Merc82 @theswoleguy
Did you get some @CB406_6.0 do you like them too.

Reactions: partyman97_3

·
Registered
565 Posts
Newest Thread I could find on BD Manifolds...didnt want to start another one :surprise:
Couple questions
My new build will have No limit intake, Colt stage 2 cam,Odawg sr3 intake, with my KC 2R and MBRP up pipes wrapped and wanted to now if this you be a good add to the build.
#1. No gauges yet can't confirm nor deny. Spool/transient response definitely has improved or maybe I was leaky before

#2. The longer stainless ones Leadfoot Diesel Installed, can't help there either sorry man

#3. Yes, it's deeper sounding. The favorite powerstroke sounds is def still there though.

#4. No issues here, still sealing well, no cracks, I paired it with their uppipes. The coating is still on them too. September will be two years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: BridgerMT

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
#1. I am stock and I MAY have seen a 100 to 150 degree temp change when towing heavy, but I am waiting for summer to be sure. Even watching the EGT gauge its hard to tell they change so much. the 100 to 150 could be wishful thinking on my part.

#2. For the manifold to engine, I reused the OEM bolts, but some of them stripped, so I installed a couple from AutoZone. I Recommend something else. For the Manifold to Downpipe, bolts were included with the manifold I used. Sizes were different. I thik OEM was 10mm and the BD was 12mm, but can't remember for sure.

#3. No Change in sound. I have a CAT and Muffler any sound change must make it through those two things first.

#4. No issues.

Installed mine mostly because the old manifolds had no gaskets and I did not want to deal with getting the OEM manifolds measured and machined.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Couple questions

@BridgerMT

Got them but have not installed, have slowly (major emphasis on slowly) been collecting parts for the upgrade to truck and waiting until I had all the parts to do work. Just had to replace entire roof on house (facia, gables, torch on, sheeting, flashing, vents, soffit vents, etc., etc.) so entire build now on hold for eternity.

Sorry couldn't provide some feedback for you

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
#1. No gauges yet can't confirm nor deny. Spool/transient response definitely has improved or maybe I was leaky before

#2. The longer stainless ones Leadfoot Diesel Installed, can't help there either sorry man

#3. Yes, it's deeper sounding. The favorite powerstroke sounds is def still there though.

#4. No issues here, still sealing well, no cracks, I paired it with their uppipes. The coating is still on them too. September will be two years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Went to Leadfoot site looks like they used these
MPD-60MANIBOLTS Maryland Performance Diesel 6.0 Exhaust Manifold Bolt & Spacer Kit

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys..
Anyone else want to add there experiences with them feel free Thanks
Anyone using these studs or is it over kill.

First time I've been on in a while but Ill still pput my two cents in.
1-Ya, my EGTs lowered, about 100 degrees. They running way cooler while coasting though. Going down the three mile road from my house I can drop all the way to below 300. They also cool down faster.
2-I just did bolts, I was in a pinch and needed to get it done but I did use new ones.
3- Pitch did get a little deeper, but not much of a difference.Spooled faster though.
4-Holding up great. Put in a new KC stage 2 on Monday and gave everything a once over and they look good.

Over all I'd give them a 5/5 on yelp definitely would recommend haha
@BridgerMT

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Thanks for the info guys..
Anyone else want to add there experiences with them feel free Thanks
Anyone using these studs or is it over kill.

First time I've been on in a while but Ill still pput my two cents in.
1-Ya, my EGTs lowered, about 100 degrees. They running way cooler while coasting though. Going down the three mile road from my house I can drop all the way to below 300. They also cool down faster.
2-I just did bolts, I was in a pinch and needed to get it done but I did use new ones.
3- Pitch did get a little deeper, but not much of a difference.Spooled faster though.
4-Holding up great. Put in a new KC stage 2 on Monday and gave everything a once over and they look good.

Over all I'd give them a 5/5 on yelp definitely would recommend haha
@BridgerMT
Hey thanks for the input fellow Bozemanite :thumb:....Got them in the mail from KC Turbo on Wednesday and all the new gaskets bolt and spacers came yesterday. I took a look they sure are beefy 34lbs total in the box:surprise:. I'm thinking they will be a good add overall.Cant wait to get the new Engine here and get all this put together.:scuffy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey thanks for the input fellow Bozemanite :thumb:....Got them in the mail from KC Turbo on Wednesday and all the new gaskets bolt and spacers came yesterday. I took a look they sure are beefy 34lbs total in the box:surprise:. I'm thinking they will be a good add overall.Cant wait to get the new Engine here and get all this put together.:scuffy
Ya buddy! Word to the wise, if you're doing it yourself, get a second set of hands to hold them while you're getting it started. I did myself cab on and felt like my arms were about to fall off after doing them.

Can't Wait to see it when its done!

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Ya buddy! Word to the wise, if you're doing it yourself, get a second set of hands to hold them while you're getting it started. I did myself cab on and felt like my arms were about to fall off after doing them.

Can't Wait to see it when its done!
I have a good buddy down by Dillon that has a shop I will use his 2 hands so I can hold my beer still :beer:

Reactions: CB406_6.0
1 - 16 of 16 Posts