Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to install the 6.0 back in my 2006 with cab on and front end removed.

Are there any pointers to make the lining the engine and transmission up?

Doing it alone with no help so I’m on day 3 now of no success. My back is killing me crawling under truck and back out again at this point!! Haha

So if anyone’s done it and know any ways to make it easier; I’m all ears!!!

·
Registered
06 6.0 drw 635 rwhp (retired) 08 KR build in progress
316 Posts
Get the trans up as high as you can and make sure it’s straight and level. Pick a reference point like a bellhousing bolt to line up converter bolt and flywheel at. Remove at least one mount from frame so you don’t have to fight getting engine above both to get it back far enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the input! Gonna try again tomorrow. Didn’t get the chance to mess with it today. Gonna try and recruit an extra set of hands and hopefully have it on the road before the weekend.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get the trans up as high as you can and make sure it’s straight and level. Pick a reference point like a bellhousing bolt to line up converter bolt and flywheel at. Remove at least one mount from frame so you don’t have to fight getting engine above both to get it back far enough.
Got it all bolted up this morning. The raising the transmission all the way up was a big help! Now to put the puzzle back together haha….

I think the new wiring harness I bought will be the hardest part to remember the proper routing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts