Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in process of installing an egr delete kit. I have a feeling this is a pretty dumb question, but how do you get that orange hose off of the egr cooler? It has a little metal band holding in on there and I can't think of a way to cut it without damaging the piping inside.

Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will try this in the meantime.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
You can cut it, just be careful and twist it off.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Isn't that just a press on fitting with an o-ring? Just try twisting it and pull it off.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Question for you. Are you replacing your oil cooler as well? If so, it will be much easier to remove that hose with the cooler on the bench. If you're not replacing your oil cooler is it because you know that your cooler is good?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isn't that just a press on fitting with an o-ring? Just try twisting it and pull it off.
After reading for a few minutes and rehydrating, yeah it appears that way. I'll give it another shot with some renewed vigor! Thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Question for you. Are you replacing your oil cooler as well? If so, it will be much easier to remove that hose with the cooler on the bench. If you're not replacing your oil cooler is it because you know that your cooler is good?
No, I'm just replacing my intake manifold with a abrannons modified intake w/ the egr deleted, and the modified up-pipe. I didn't have any problems with anything before doing this, just decided to do it before I did have issues. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
On my 03 the metal in the orange hose was corroded onto the fitting. I used a grinding wheel to cut it off (being very careful). You can also remove the port cover by removing the 2 torx screws that hold it to the oil cooler. That will also allow you to see the water outlet of the cooler so you can determine if it's corroded in there? (Sorry I had to replace my oil cooler twice so I always suspect they go bad easily.)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got it off by prying on it with a flat bar. Guess I failed to mention that when I cut that hose with a knife earlier, I cut it close to the egr cooler side, which gave me almost nothing to grab with my hand. So far nothing looks corroded, but i'm thinking about pulling off that cover you mentioned to see. Thanks Nylyon

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Honestly, since you are in that deep (and that expense) put in the $200 oil cooler. Since you have an orange hose, you probably have the original oil cooler in there anyway.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Honestly, since you are in that deep (and that expense) put in the $200 oil cooler. Since you have an orange hose, you probably have the original oil cooler in there anyway.
Is that for a OEM or aftermarket?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
OEM, the aftermarket ones are FAR more expensive (but probably FAR better as well).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts