Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 F-250 with a K&N Cold Air intake, Mad Max 66mm Turbo, and the Edge CS programmer with stock tunes, and I'm always running on 4. I've got a buddy with a LB7 D Max with EFI Live, lift pump and I'm not sure what else. But anyways I've only had my truck for a few weeks, but we'll be drag racing soon. I've got the ZF6 and I haven't really dragged it too much since I'm still trying to figure out the shifting. I was wondering if anyone had any tips, because if I lose this race, i won't hear the end of it! should i float shift while racing? what would be a good amount of boost for the launch? and just any other tips. Thanks in advance!:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
7,043 Posts
Get custom tunes if you want the full potential of the turbo.

Besides that, I have no idea since you are a manual.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
You will lose. Pretty bad too being that u have a standard trans. the lb7 with efi live is a quick truck.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
How do you boost launch a manual? Right foot on brake and gas and start releasing clutch?

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Ya I would avoid that race.
Manual transmissions are great for a lot of things, but racing isn't one of em.

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
The No Limit is well worth the money. And cheaper than the AFE stage 2 iirc

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
778 Posts
How do you boost launch a manual? Right foot on brake and gas and start releasing clutch?
Something like that, except no foot on the brake, you shouldn't move that much while staging. But you'll burn up the clutch.

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
with your mods an aftermarket intake wont make much of a difference except with sound... afe or stock intake would do just fine.

as for the race, find some old less traveled roads and play around with some custom tunes and time yourself, and by that i mean ditch the edge "i dont mind them but custom tunes if your best bet here" contact eric at innovative, or tony wildman or matt at geahrhead and let them know your situation and mods, and they'll set you up!
-practice shifting at higher rpms,
-practice boosted lauches

why all the lack of confidence:icon_ford:, just because he seems outgunned that poor ol cheby probably couldnt handle much more then a drag race on his trans anyway...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts