Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
drove my 6.0 fine this morning, tonight went to take it down the road and noticed less power then it just died on me, now cranks but won't start. Got some oil leaking on the ground near the rear of the motor, passenger side. Hooked the scanner up to it and got 1.7psi IPR pressure I believe where 675 was the required number. think its the hpop and ipr?? sound right? FICM voltage is fine btw and everything else looks good. what would cause the external oil leak?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump! btw truck is an 05, don't know if the stc fitting has been fixed or not. also there is definitely an external leak because it left a puddle where it died, could this be branch tube?? don't want to order the wrong parts so help me out here!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sounds like where the Crank (I believe) sensor is? But I don't know if that would cause a run then die situation?. Seems like that would be an all or nothing kind of deal?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
truck is torn down, stc fitting blew off, hpop is bad and rear engine cover got cracked in the process... found out the headgaskets on my studded truck are bad too... FUN!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts