Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me has ford fixed the problems with the 6.0 L with the crate engine or do they have the head stud,egr problems still?

·
Registered
25 Posts
With the amount of money Ford wants for a crate engine and taking into consideration that we have lax emissions laws in Alberta, you are better served to get NADP or DFC to build you an EGR deleted, Head studded rebuild.
You will literally be thousands of dollars ahead and have a stronger motor.
Add an SCT tuner (To deal with EGR engine code), mild custom file from innovative diesel and you are set.

Now I base my opinion on having a recent quote done by a local ford dealer , it was closer to 14k.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I rebuilt on at work with .030" over pistons, rebuilt the heads, BPD EGR cooler, new oil cooler, and resealed everything for about $6000 in parts. That did not include injectors or turbo. The truck only had 60k on it when it lost the EGR cooler and it was parked for 6 months wiping out the cylinders. We have another truck that needs an engine and I priced it out for them. It was cheaper to buy an engine and put the ARPs and BPD EGR cooler on it than the labor to rebuild it. But of labor if free......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts