Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m hoping someone could guide me in the right steps. I have a 2006 6.0 that started fine yesterday but this morning when I cranked over, she took a little longer than usual to startup. Yesterday, I did the blue spring update, and new fuel filters. After I installed those I forgot to purge the system, but the truck started up. I let her run for about 5 minutes, shut her off and here I am the next day. Like I said she took longer to startup and once I started backing out my driveway she was running rough like she was about to die. Pull her back in my driveway and now she won’t start at all. She sounds like she’s close to startup but not quite. FICM voltage was normal, no leaks, and checked my connections. Is it maybe a bad blue spring kit? Someone please help I’m stressing about this.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Possibly still has some air in the system -- Did you grease the filter housing oring? and tighten until the internal thread stop bumps?

An actual fuel gauge would be a good investment for the health of the injectors -- either electronic or manual

·
Registered
400 Posts
So many things can cause this. My truck ran fine one day, wouldn't start after a 1 hour stop. Turned out to be a leaking /separated stand pipe. I did an air check to find it.
I went ahead and did more work on it than just the stand pipes, such as the oil cooler and re-sealing my hpop cover. Now my truck starts and runs better than ever.
It is worth the time for a pressure test through the ipr and checking the ipr for gunk and function.

·
Registered
65 Posts
May be fuel pump died? When you turn on key you you hear fuel pump? Or bay be blue spring have some problems? recheck it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly still has some air in the system -- Did you grease the filter housing oring? and tighten until the internal thread stop bumps?

An actual fuel gauge would be a good investment for the health of the injectors -- either electronic or manual
Thanks For the tips. After pulling both fuel filters I noticed my upper fuel housing was low on fuel. Then, I assured they both are seated and o-rings lubricated, I went to passenger side fuel pump reset and pushed her down. After changing up both batteries and cycling the fuel pump/ injectors multiple times she fired right up. Im always finding myself stressing too much about things that aren’t even too bad!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts