Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

6.0 crank no start after rebuilding injectors

283 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Bohemian Engineer 
#1 ·
Rebuilt driver injectors it’s started once ran rough then tried to restart and now it cranks but doesn’t start

#2 ·
Do you have a way to monitor ICP & IPR? I had the same thing happen to me just last week. I rebuilt the 4 driver's side injectors, and when I went to start it, it wouldn't build ICP. Topped out about 75psi (needs 500 to start). Mine turned out to be one of the spool valves that I put in backwards.
I would start by monitoring the IPR and ICP. IPR should be ~85% cranking, and ICP should rise toward 500psi before it'll fire the injectors.
If you're not getting ICP, you have a leak somewhere. like I said, check the spool valves. They have to go in a certain way. Better yet, do an air test. That will narrow it down.
If it sounds like it's leaking at an injector, you can use a rubber tipped air gun in the top of them. A small amount of leakage there is fine, but when I had a spool valve in backward, it wouldn't hold air at all.
Hope this helps! Let us know what you come up with!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.