Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41741 - 41760 of 41861 Posts

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts
Sometimes you do, I've never had to pull the belt or loosen the pump though. The lines will move just enough to slide the sensor past it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
A good way to do it since you claim you have friends lol, have one go in from the bottom and hold or unscrew the sensor and pull it out and catch it while someone else tackles it from the top like waggoner has suggested.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
A good way to do it since you claim you have friends lol, have one go in from the bottom and hold or unscrew the sensor and pull it out and catch it while someone else tackles it from the top like waggoner has suggested.
They are friends that advise from the comfort of their own homesteads as my truck sits in a heated maintenance shop that I have the benefit of now that I'm the maintenance supervisor.. :)

I'll figure something out...

I appreciate all the help!

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
They are friends that advise from the comfort of their own homesteads as my truck sits in a heated maintenance shop that I have the benefit of now that I'm the maintenance supervisor.. :)

I'll figure something out...

I appreciate all the help!
I'd help if you were closer. Drive it to Oregon and we can do it on the concrete floor of my cold garage LOL

-jokester

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well I made the 1300 miles from Boise to Minnesota with out any issues. Truck towed great the whole way, my intake air temp was 30-48 kept my egts below 1100 the entire way. The one thing I did screw up on was not winterizing the trailer for the trip here everything froze. I got that almost all taken care of now. what a change I have a new respect for all you guys that live in the cold this is crazy. I feel like I’m at the North Pole! Hopefully Nebraska is a little warmer I have some doubts on that. Luckily this Marine will adapt, not to sure about my wife though that will be funny we just have to make it through this winter before I can buy a house in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
I'd help if you were closer. Drive it to Oregon and we can do it on the concrete floor of my cold garage LOL

-jokester
I appreciate that! A bit too far to haul the truck, unfortunately.

And I'm not being fair with the 2 friends. One is a friend of a friend that I'm sure would help if I brought the truck out to his house and the actual friend just had his second kid (a son) and I don't need his wife disliking me by giving him a reason to leave the house, 😂.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Where I'm working this week. Testing generator breakers for correct tripping and protective relays for the same. A local ferry is what this it is in a drydock.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Where I'm working this week. Testing generator breakers for correct tripping and protective relays for the same. A local ferry is what this it is in a drydock.

That's awesome!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Those dry dock facilities are so cool. Was fortunate to go on a study abroad trip in college and got to see the dry dock where they made the Titanic. Those areas were so fascinating to this Midwestern Farm boy lol

·
Premium Member
3,583 Posts
Those dry dock facilities are so cool. Was fortunate to go on a study abroad trip in college and got to see the dry dock where they made the Titanic. Those areas were so fascinating to this Midwestern Farm boy lol
Wasn't that in Belfast @ Harland and Wolff?

-jokester

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Yeah they are pretty cool, awesome to see large vessels out of the water. This is our federal government's dry dock for our Navy. There are 2 ship yards that are allowed to use it, vessel I'm working on is under one of those shipyards.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
@jokester00 I can't remember the name of the actual facility/place but I do remember it was in Belfast. We had taken a ferry from Liverpool to Belfast the night before and were super hungover like typical partially supervised college kids lol.

·
Premium Member
2005 F250 FX4 Lariat CCSB - ARP studs, EGR deleted, IPR coolant filter
396 Posts
Well I made the 1300 miles from Boise to Minnesota with out any issues. Truck towed great the whole way, my intake air temp was 30-48 kept my egts below 1100 the entire way. The one thing I did screw up on was not winterizing the trailer for the trip here everything froze. I got that almost all taken care of now. what a change I have a new respect for all you guys that live in the cold this is crazy. I feel like I’m at the North Pole! Hopefully Nebraska is a little warmer I have some doubts on that. Luckily this Marine will adapt, not to sure about my wife though that will be funny we just have to make it through this winter before I can buy a house in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Semper Fi!

Thanks for your service.

·
california deplorable
11,313 Posts
hey guys just popping in to say Happy Thanksgiving!
hope everyone has a great day i plan to sideline the winter rep late stuff and spend the day cooking and eating :p

41741 - 41760 of 41861 Posts