Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41721 - 41740 of 41861 Posts

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts
Are we talking about the furthest one back or the one on the bottom in the back? If it's on the bottom, use a T30 bit only and a a 1/4 wrench. Wrench size may be wrong, it's been awhile since I've done it that way. Lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TwinExcursions

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Are we talking about the furthest one back or the one on the bottom in the back? If it's on the bottom, use a T30 bit only and a a 1/4 wrench. Wrench size may be wrong, it's been awhile since I've done it that way. Lol

Yes. Way. Back bottom. I only have a 3/8 drive t30 socket Can’t seem to find my t30 1/4 drive. So that’s where I’m at: I just am gonna call it for the night n go buy the 1/4 socket tomorrow. What way do you normally do it lol a wrench ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts
Yes. Way. Back bottom. I only have a 3/8 drive t30 socket Can’t seem to find my t30 1/4 drive. So that’s where I’m at: I just am gonna call it for the night n go buy the 1/4 socket tomorrow. What way do you normally do it lol a wrench ?

I have a very small bit ratchet with a flex head. I got it off a Mac truck, I'll see if I can find a link.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Unexpected problem and do t wanna force it the injector connector will not compress n seat flush. The one side slides in but can’t for the life of me get it to go in straight and seat.

Any suggestions. Thanks

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts
Pull it back out, clean the hole and lube it really good. That's what she said.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Welp, new injector in snd she starts better than before. Shame I couldn’t swap the others on that side with it apart.

Awesome!! Weekend is barely started, and you already got her fixed!! Good for you!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Murphy strikes again. Alternator in wife's Ex died today. Waiting to see if parts store can get one in. I go out of town for a week tomorrow for work so wife might be relying on her feet to get around. Thankfully she likes walking and has a work van that if worse comes to worse she can use it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Welp, new injector in snd she starts better than before. Shame I couldn’t swap the others on that side with it apart.

Well done good to see up and running.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Update on chit show from storm that flooded/mudslided us to oblivion.

2 highways open out of town but only for essential travel. Remaining 2 highways are gonna be a while to get back - major damage to both of them (bridges wiped out/sections wiped out/one still underwater). Towns that flooded are slowley digging out from the flooding, local valley still flooded out (1/2 hour drive from my door). That valley had all our local farms - 50% of our eggs and dairy came from there. My love of bacon and eggs is gonna take a hit - guess I get used to bacon and pancakes.

We also are now on fuel rationing - 30 liters/8 gallons maximum per fill. I see lots of trips to gas stations in my future as I'm out of town for work during this rationing. They are saying this will last for 10-11 days (if you believe politicians). They had to shut down the pipeline from Alberta that supplied the majority of our fuel as it was possibly affected by the flooding/mudslide that took place.

Good times for sure

·
Registered
2004 F-350 CCLB egr delete, MBRP 4” turbo back exhaust, mishimoto rad
139 Posts
Update on chit show from storm that flooded/mudslided us to oblivion.

2 highways open out of town but only for essential travel. Remaining 2 highways are gonna be a while to get back - major damage to both of them (bridges wiped out/sections wiped out/one still underwater). Towns that flooded are slowley digging out from the flooding, local valley still flooded out (1/2 hour drive from my door). That valley had all our local farms - 50% of our eggs and dairy came from there. My love of bacon and eggs is gonna take a hit - guess I get used to bacon and pancakes.

We also are now on fuel rationing - 30 liters/8 gallons maximum per fill. I see lots of trips to gas stations in my future as I'm out of town for work during this rationing. They are saying this will last for 10-11 days (if you believe politicians). They had to shut down the pipeline from Alberta that supplied the majority of our fuel as it was possibly affected by the flooding/mudslide that took place.

Good times for sure

Damn stay safe brother

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
Will a cam position sensor prevent startup when the engine is warmer but start when cold? The error codes reflected the cam position sensor. I'm about to install a slightly used one, in place of the one I pulled already (and broke even further when I pulled it out). Just trying to settle a disagreement between my two friends.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Wow you have 2 friends - I'm jealous (joking of course ).

Heat could cause the sensor to be intermittent - heat raises resistance in electrical components so it could be a possibility. Not an expert on 6.0 but have seen similar with industrial electrical components.

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts
Definitely. I've seen a few 6.0s that wouldn't start hot due to cam sensors. The pigtail is also another culprit.

·
Premium Member
2006 F350 SuperCab, 4x4, AT, Cab & Chassis, 9' flatbed, dually, studded/egr deleted
650 Posts
I might be able to argue an additional 1 or 2 friends, haha. It's not about quantity, but quality. ;)

Another thing - one of my friends thinks I need to remove the belt and loosen the power steering pump (how would I go about doing that?).

But Youtube and the better friend doesn't believe I need to. But, I can't seem to get the sensor past the hose. Can the hose be moved without moving the pump?

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,764 Posts
I do them from the top. Remove the air box and slide my arm all the way down. You cant see anything that way obviously but if you've done it enough times it's a 5 minute job. Lol

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I do them from the top. Remove the air box and slide my arm all the way down. You cant see anything that way obviously but if you've done it enough times it's a 5 minute job. Lol

So...you don't have to push or pull the steering line to get the top of the sensor past it?

41721 - 41740 of 41861 Posts